How to get the link from a locus Online map

Started by franc, December 29, 2012, 23:27:28

franc

Hello,

how can I get the link from a locus online map to download it with MOBAC or else?

I have in locus Maps under:

Online / OSM - regional / MTB CR

it is a map downloadable for offline use with 50.000 tiles per day and 2 tiles Speed limit.
I would download a little region (in CSR, where I won't have internet on my phone) with MOBAC where I can set 2 tiles as limit.

I know that I could sniff it in the home net (where my phone is located) but this is much more work than maybe just otherwise, I hope.

Thank it,

frank
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

berkley

Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

franc

Thank you for the link, but I don't find OSM - regional / MTB CR in my providers.xml and the App "Locus - addon Map Tweak" (from MjK) doesn't change this at all (Locus restarted etc.).

There are no OSM provider description at all in my custom providers.xml

Something must be wrong here.
  •  

Menion

maps that are included in Locus by default are not visible in providers.xml file. This file is only for additional maps that you want to have included in Locus
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

franc

Ah, this is what I thought.

So there is no easy way to get the link of maps which are included "hardcoded" in locus?
  •  

Menion

no, there isn't. If you're interested in any, I may write you more info about them. Most of them isn't secret :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Franc, I thought I point you to the right direction. You can find your answer in this wiki too... ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

franc

Quote from: "berkley"...You can find your answer in this wiki too... ;)
I guess you mean this wiki:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/community:main
Hm. I didn't find the information there. Not much sites anyway there.
Maybe a misunderstanding?
Menion says that there is no (easy) way to get the link of hardcoded maps, so I guess there isn't.

The thing is, that after tomorrow I want to hike 11 days in the Böhmerwald (Olbershau to Mezni Louka) and I am sure, that mostly I won't have any internet to get online maps.
I have not the time to make long experiments to get good offline maps for hiking.
I checked it now with Wireshark and noticed that there is a code to download for some maps.
I don't want to break some code, so I capitulate.

frank
  •  

tommi

•  

franc

I was on this link first, it is interesting, but not working for me.
OpenTrackMap in Firefox or any browser behaves different as if called from Locus.
Maybe a code given from locus too, didn't check it yet (with Wireshark), but I think so.

The site is giving the tiles only very slow and not all of them. I won't be able to download maps with MOBAC like this.

At the moment the best what I can do is to download the tiles I need with BlueStacks and just use the images without locus like in older times when we used paper maps ;)
  •  

berkley

You can calibrate images as map overlay...
Check "functions -> on-board map calibrator"

and maybe this page is available soon :D
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... calibrator
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

franc

Ok, with the little help of Bluestacks (which can emulate many Apps on the PC/Mac) and Wireshark, I discovered the appropriate mapsources for MTB CR and OpenTrackMap (for use in MOBAC):

MTB CR
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<customMapSource>
<name>Custom MTB CR</name>
<minZoom>0</minZoom>
<maxZoom>18</maxZoom>
<tileType>png</tileType>
<tileUpdate>None</tileUpdate>
<url>http://tchor.fi.muni.cz:8080/mtbmap_tiles/{$z}/{$x}/{$y}.png</url>
<backgroundColor>#000000</backgroundColor>
</customMapSource>

OpenTrackMap
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<customMapSource>
<name>Custom OpenTrackMap</name>
<minZoom>0</minZoom>
<maxZoom>16</maxZoom>
<tileType>png</tileType>
<tileUpdate>None</tileUpdate>
<url>http://opentrackmap.cz/static/{$z}/{$x}/{$y}.png</url>
<backgroundColor>#000000</backgroundColor>
</customMapSource>

Curiously I sniffed into SHOCart as well and here it is only with a kind of code, e.g.:

services.tmapserver.cz/stiles/gm/shc/13/4400/2757.png?m=l&t=1356887023&k=W2FShwuHre0ipLBDM1NMpw
which gives an 403 (forbidden) if it is not the right one.
This is totally clear, because these maps are for pay download only.

But to have a complete set of maps, I downloaded the SHOcard hiking+relief map for my region online with locus (just by moving the map through the Böhmen region in each zoom level I need).
After this I copied the sqlite-map from

/Locus/mapsOnline/SHOCart_Hiking+relief.sqlitedb

to

/Locus/maps/SHOCart_Hiking+relief.sqlitedb

so I hope it wont be unusable after seven days (which is a bit too simple, though).

I hope all this is not illegal, as I use it totally for my own and private purpose.

frank
  •  

franc

Now, after some days of hiking I can definitely say that the far best map for hiking here in CSSR it's the SHOCart map (relief+ hiking).
The other two are mostly not usable because the main hiking paths are often just missing.
I am very happy that I downloaded this map manually and I think the next time I would just buy it in the shop because it is really useful.
  •