[APP] - version 1.2.x

Started by Menion, March 22, 2011, 14:18:46

mare

Yes! I Like "download map by track stored"  :D
  •  

Matthy_47

Great release :-) I like the track chart a lot!
I have 2 wishes: can speed and altitude be displayed in one chart? Can you implement a trackback function?
THANKS Matthy
  •  

Menion

I thought about two graphs in one but I have problem with Y axis, because both speed and altitude have different range so I'll have to find any solution for this.

And what you think about trackback? If you want to see chart during track record, just click on info button on track record panel and press middle button to automatically fit chart to changing track. It this what you call "trackback"?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Probably this:
Trackback - The trackback feature is a very useful feature on most GPS units. It simply allows one to press the "trackback" button and receive instructions on how to return to the original start point from ones present location. On the Map Based Garmin units the map display will show a line of dots visually displaying the return route - one simply follows the dots back! This feature is very handy when riding on trails with many turns and side trails. If one were to become disorientated (lost!) one could press the "trackback" button and follow the GPS home! Trackback routes may also be "saved" and used again to follow a particular route or even uploaded to a computer and printed out on a map for others to use! (from this web page: http://www.webmaster10.com/ldr/page38.html)

J.
Regards J.
  •  

Matthy_47

If you have recored a track and you want to be guided back the same way you came from, that's what I call trackback.
To show speed and altitude in one chart, just place the altitudeaxis on one side and the speedaxis on the other side.
  •  

Lucifer1

Hello,

Trackback is in fact the indication how to come back to your starting point. When you have recorded a track you already have the trackback information shown on the screen.

Trackback is a little more complex. in principle this function should be available at any time to bring you back when you are lost. This implies that the GPS unit is always recording the track to be able to show it when the user presses the Trackback button.

So to implement Trackback you need to implement a default low resolution track recording to be shown when the Trackback button is pressed.

I do not think this is very nice for Locus due to power consumption.
One option would be to implement a default tracking every 5 minutes switching the GPS On and Off for recording the trackpoint.

Regards, Lucifer
  •  

Matthy_47

What I was thinking of is to select a recorded track, than two options for guiding: one like today, track to the end of the track, and a new one, to track to the beginning of the track - trackback  ;) .
  •  

Menion

hmm trackback - I have to look on it later. Not sure If I fully understand :)

anyway I actually added new version (only in English) with some news, so test please and let me know what you think about gps screen and improved search dialog ...
  •  

marlar

Is the new version in market? I can't see it ...
  •  

berkley

Wow nice! That was really fast!!!

Everything works as expected for me after 5 minutes of quick bug search. Give it a go!!!  :geek:
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

marlar

Oh, I now realized the program is attached in the original post.

Actually I have never tried installing outside the market but it worked well after changing a setting.

The new release works perfectly so far. The fulltext search is great and not too slow even with 600+ waypoints. And the hide panel bug is gone now.

Will test a bit more later.
  •  

Menion

thanks guys, any feedback is welcome. I founded problem with low signal quality of satellite on satellite screen (all are hidden for a sec and then again show) - fixed

edit: oki, founded problem with missing geocaching button on map when click on geocaching point and also improved a little scale of small bar under skyplot screen (bars with gps signal). Anymore issues?
  •  

marlar

I am busy preparing for my trip the day after tomorrow, but I hope to test a bit more later today.
  •  

Menion

hmm I have better solution for testing :) I actually published on market Free version 1.3.0, so you can test this. I during today added few more settings that should be useful. If all will works fine, I'll release Pro version in the evening. Thanks ;)
  •