[APP] - version 2.7.0 - BETA TESTING

Started by Menion, October 19, 2012, 19:28:57

Menion

Hello Guys,
   almost month, no actions from my side, sorry. Too long vacation and around 10 full days of work on complete change of database system in whole Locus. To make it short:

Locus now use new system for storing points & tracks
reason: old system limited possibilities I need for future development, so this was necessary (and planned for almost an year)
side-effect: new system is not compatible with old one. Locus will at start completely convert old data into new one!

!!! Before update do complete backup of all *SQLL files in Locus/data directory !!!

Locus will do automatic backup in case of successful conversion, into Locus/data/_pre270, but just for case, do it manually before update

What update brings
For now:
 - categories also for tracks (I know, it was long waiting, and finally you all convinced me)
 - size of stored tracks is now unlimited (finally solved problems with limit on 1MB)
 - improved waypoint screen (screen when you tap on point in category list or on map)
 - improved tracks screen (when you tap on track in list of tracks)
 - implemented completely new API (not yet public)
 - some other small improvements

Why public testing version
update affect really HUGE core part of Locus. Almost in every single file was some changes, in part handling with database is rewrote almost everything. So please, if you'll have patient and want to play with it, report me every single problem. There is so many features ... I'll be playing with every possible feature next days, but more heads, more discovered problems!!

Expect problems! So don't blame me if something will not work correctly now. And once more, backup your database files before update. All should works correctly, but just in case ...

---------------------------------------------------

Version 2.6.3.7 / 24.10.2012
changes to previous version 2.6.3.6
  • fixed FC when creating custom tracks and immediately start Guiding
  • fixed FC when handling temporary points (mainly "Copy to" feature)
  • improved import dialog - now able to "flush" also track category on import, after add new category, it's automatically select
  • fixed problem with loading points from MyMaps
  • fixed position of cursor in edit text fields in settings (cursor is now on the end of text, not before as common)
  • fixed issue with screen rotate on satellite or compass screen (phones 4.0+ only)
  • fixed issue with not working "Add quick point" feature

Version 2.6.3.6 / 23.10.2012
changes to previous version 2.6.3.5
  • ability to delete whole category with items
  • fixed issue with inability to store recorded tracks
  • fixed some problems with exported KML styles (use-case - display in Google Earth for example)
  • except few small features, completely prepared updated Locus API

Version 2.6.3.5 / 21.10.2012
changes to previous version 2.6.3.4
  • mainly new picker for points & tracks. So you can choose point from database for required location or track just in case downloading of map along track
  • thanks to some reports and also after quite a lot playing with current version, fixed many small issues

Version 2.6.3.4 / 20.10.2012
Recommendation: if you already converted data, do it once more if you don't have problem with it (do - delete locus/data/database directory, move content of locus/data/_pre270 directory to locus/data directory). I improved few things with point icons and tracks statistics so new conversion will help with it

changes to previous version 2.6.3.3
  • mass move of tracks between categories
  • fixed problems with track counts in category list
  • fixed problem with storing, tapping & deleting of temporary navigation track
  • fixed problem with track recording (don't even started to record
  • fixed problem with incorrectly parsed KML files
  • and around 10+ other small issues, crashes etc.

Version 2.6.3.3 / 19.10.2012
 - not available for download
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stebu

80 minutes and just finished db conversion.
Testing on my coach all seems to work normally.
Even the zoomlock bug that I reported earlier today has been fixed!
  •  

mambofive

Had a quick test and (almost) everything looks fine so far. Conversion ran fine, it took 2-3 minutes.

Some small issues:
- POI category 'Favorites' got renamed to 'database_favorites'
- most/all settings were lost - is this caused by the fact that the beta installs as test version, not as pro?

Anyway, very good work again!

Gesendet von meinem MotoA953 mit Tapatalk 2
  •  

stebu

I cannot open a points category from the "Visibility" screen. I can see all the categories, but when I click one to view the contents, it takes me to the "Data" screen (points, tracks and items tabs) and from there I can open a points category.
Used to work directly from the "Visibility" screen.
I have also "database_favorites", the word is too long so I cannot see the counts :(
  •  

mambofive

Selecting some icons for some POIs ends with POIs without an icon at all.
I added a POI by address search and can't choose the default category icon for it, every other icon works.

Gesendet von meinem MotoA953 mit Tapatalk 2
  •  

fenster

Quote from: "menion"Hello Guys,
   almost month, no actions from my side, sorry. Too long vacation and around 10 full days of work on complete change of database system in whole Locus. To make it short:

Locus now use new system for storing points & tracks
reason: old system limited possibilities I need for future development, so this was necessary (and planned for almost an year)
side-effect: new system is not compatible with old one. Locus will at start completely convert old data into new one!

!!! Before update do complete backup of all *SQLL files in Locus/data directory !!!

Locus will do automatic backup in case of successful conversion, into Locus/data/_pre270, but just for case, do it manually before update

What update brings
For now:
 - categories also for tracks (I know, it was long waiting, and finally you all convinced me)
 - size of stored tracks is now unlimited (finally solved problems with limit on 1MB)
 - improved waypoint screen (screen when you tap on point in category list or on map)
 - improved tracks screen (when you tap on track in list of tracks)
 - implemented completely new API (not yet public)
 - some other small improvements

Why public testing version
update affect really HUGE core part of Locus. Almost in every single file was some changes, in part handling with database is rewrote almost everything. So please, if you'll have patient and want to play with it, report me every single problem. There is so many features ... I'll be playing with every possible feature next days, but more heads, more discovered problems!!

Expect problems! So don't blame me if something will not work correctly now. And once more, backup your database files before update. All should works correctly, but just in case ...

-----------------------------------

Version 2.6.3.3 / 19.10.2012 - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... .6.3.3.apk

Hello menion,

Sorry, please could you help me a little bit to find the newest beta version 2.7.0.
I was searching a lot but did not find the propper app.
Is it in the market place or in this forum available?
  •  

Kroko_CZ

Beta 2.7.0 -->  version 2.6.3.3 from 1. post
backup BackuP BACKUP
  •  

stebu

Recording does not work for me.
When I push the record button, the GPS position and heading line freeze. I can toggle the "center" button (low left) and then my location is updated once on the screen.
When I stop recording no track is saved, no prompt for a name.

Guiding to a cache, uploading fieldnotes works as they used to. Also I can download new points into a category over the internet. So the important things (for me) are working :)
EXCEPT, I restored my preferences and the find count was changed back to an old value :(
  •  

Menion

New test version in first post

step by step replies on posts

post stebu: eh 80 min is really a nice score. Welcome in category "user with most Locus points & tracks" ;)

post mambofive: database_favorites now correctly compiled into translated word "Favorites". About settings - this version is installed as Locus Free but it works as normal unlimited Pro version. I use this system to allow test version and also keep working Pro version. In this case it do not have much sense because of data conversion

post stebu: shortcut to category content from "Item visibility" fixed, thanks. And you may rename "database_favorites" manually

post mambofive: thanks, should be also fixed now

post fenster & krokodyl: as kroko wrote, link to download is in first post

post stebu: I was testing it today in field and during car navigation so some issues found and fixed as well as track recording. Preferences are old story right? I hoped it works fine, damn ...
  •  

gynta

fast, really fast - good job  ;)

track recording is not perfect yet.
after stop "draw outline" is not select
after one track rec - the message "unknow problem with track saving!" appears

gynta

after changing the category from a track - the tracklist was not refresh. after reopen data menu it's ok.

stebu

I have renamed 'database_favorites' to 'Favorites'.
But I cannot select points from the category for end/start of navigation.
What is the correct name? Or is this a bug?
  •  

Menion

gynta, thanks - I'll check it precisely (track record "Outline" is now fixed, rest tomorrow)

stebu - it's not a bug. I completely removed support for "Favorites" database as was before. It don't had success as I expected so I decided to create support for selection from whatever database, not just favorites. It's plan on tomorrow ;)
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "menion"It's plan on tomorrow ;)

Tomorrow is Sunday... RELAX! ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

ah c'mon ... I had very long vacation, so no relax till Christmas :)

anyway, picking of points from categories done. Seems to work and it's very very useful

EDIT: new version in first post
  •