Nexus 7 CPU power

Started by Menion, August 08, 2012, 14:32:34

Menion

Is anyone playing with Nexus 7? Unfortunately it again don't have SD card slot. On my Nexus I really suffer with maps and 16 GB of internal memory. Anyway i discovered this post - http://www.androidpit.com/nexus-7-overc ... ed-3x-more - quite impressive
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Is it possible to attach a USB stick to the Nexus 7?
  •  

Menion

hmm hard to say. In this review http://www.androidpit.com/androidpit-nexus-7-review is visible that it have microUSB but it's not possible to use for some extened USB device right? And even if so, it's little bit weird ...
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hmm hard to say. In this review http://www.androidpit.com/androidpit-nexus-7-review is visible that it have microUSB but it's not possible to use for some extened USB device right? And even if so, it's little bit weird ...
of course micro sd slot would be better but at least USB host support would be better than nothing. But afaik no Google device has micro sd slot.
Does Galaxy Nexus support USB host?
  •  

Menion

seems so http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070H ... 02_s00_i00 :) , but ... ok, I know, at least something
  •  

berkley

I ordered one this morning, should be here the next days, then i'll tell you more ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

another tablet? don't you have enough of them already? :D
  •  

tommi

there will be more locus users with nexus 7. Few minutes ago I ordered one for my wife...
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "menion"another tablet? don't you have enough of them already? :D

Well that x7g is going to the trash. not powerful enough for my special needs. i was just a click away for ordering 2 nexus7  :mrgreen:
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

berkley

Besides the missing back camera, the missing TV-out, the missing SIM-card and the missing SD-card-slot, the Nexus 7 is a real great device. Powerful as hell. No lag so far. Bright screen. Feels really worthy in your hands. Battery life is also good! Flash needs to be installed separatly and does not run in the standard browser. Great support on XDA-devs...

Just to let you know ;)

If I'd buy it again: YES!!!
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

berkley

Does someone go for a Kindle Fire HD? Did I missed the point or doesn't it have a GPS chip???
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

hey Hi :)

hmm this is what I expected. Missing SD card is only thing, for which I don't want it. It's same on Galaxy nexus and I really suffer. joeloc sometimes send me 2GB RMAP for testing and I have to almost un-install any program or delete music to test this map ...

anyway Locus works without problems there, right? Perfect :)

and btw. enjoy last warmer days
  •  

berkley

Think i'll give it soon an extreme test with Locus... recording a track with bluetooth GPS with every 0 meters and every 0 seconds for more than 6 hours - dipslaying all points of course... :D
Besides the usual bugs, i haven't found an issue yet :P

btw, I've got the 16GB version. Enough space so far. If you want a bit more, you can wait for the Galaxy Note 2. Comes with LTE and 64 GB
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

jusc

Every 0 second and every 0 meter? How can you use it? :eek:
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

means locus tried to process all the data coming from the GPS, right?