Import photos with coordinates

Started by jusc, September 17, 2012, 11:37:22

jusc

At least with the S2 camera it's possible take pictures with GPS coordinates.
Is there any chance to get them directly into "Locus" with the actual displayed map and the correct place? If you take the camera option to show the pictures on map, it opens always Google Maps and show the pictures at the nearby address.
Sure, I know the possibility to attach a photo to a POI. But perhaps there is a faster option for displaying and to create a POI directly with the photo?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

sure ... try menu > function > search > localized photo

it take some time to search, but result is probably what you want
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

I got it. Thank you. But the pictures are on the wrong place. With Google (Maps) it works correctly.
Ahh, I see, the coordinates are not correct, because 54.053..., 13.777.... become 54.0000, 13.0000.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm this may happen. Unfortunately EXIF data included in photo are standardized, but I discovered that almost every company do it's own "Improved" format. may you send me one small (reduce size, important are only meta information) photo with such coordinates to fix it? Thanks
  •  

jusc

I will attach a small photo as soon as possible. I think tomorrow. Thank you for help.
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "jusc"I know the possibility to attach a photo to a POI. But perhaps there is a faster option for displaying and to create a POI directly with the photo?
Maybe I misunderstood but for me work "add new point (camera)"  (only available for the right panel) perfect and very quick.
after export all pois as kmz - the position and the pictures works well in google earth.

Menion

we discuss opposite problem. Imagine you take photo with your hand camera, not android device and then want to show it in Locus. In photo are written coordinates, but locus is not able to read them correctly. So problem is in format, how coordinates are written in photo from other then android device
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "jusc"...become 54.0000, 13.0000....
confirmed.
used http://regex.info//exif.cgi online exif reader
testpicture is ok - exif included 48.853484, 16.072005 but Locus cut to 48.0000 and 16.0000

Menion

ah damn, another possibility of coordinate format .. fine, fixed. Thanks gynta
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"ah damn, another possibility of coordinate format .. fine, fixed. Thanks gynta
my pleasure - you know  :lol:

Menion

jusc, please try new 2.6.3 version. It will maybe work also on your photos. If not, as I wrote .. sample file is needed
  •  

jusc

Hi Menion,
Now (2.6.3) it works perfectly. Thank you for the update. :smile:
Regards J.
  •