First time load of Vector Maps

Started by cormad, September 14, 2012, 23:34:46

cormad

Newbie Here!
                     I just purchased Locus pro for Geocaching on my tablet in my vehicle. I went to hxxp://www.vectormaps4locus.eu and downloaded the vector map for Ontario. Then I transfered it to my ASUS tablet (Painful process, used google docs:has to be an easier way) Then I moved the file into locusvectormaps. When I start and open locus maps I still get the initial screen and it doesn't show my vector map? I download a normal google map and it seems to work ok nad swith back and forth from offline to online. What am I missing?
Thanks
Jeff
p.s. Am sure this won't be my last post and am reading a lot of the forum  :)
  •  

gynta

cormad

The clip didn't help  :(   Also am trying to load a kmz file from google maps with no sucess
Thanks
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "cormad"...Then I moved the file into locusvectormaps.
And u see the map in the Locus app? Mapmanager -> Vector ?
screenshot please!

cormad

No I don't see the map in the locus app (mapmanager, Vector). This is my first tablet what is the easiest way to to screen shots?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "cormad"This is my first tablet what is the easiest way to to screen shots?
This is tablet vendor specific, has nothing to do with Android or even Locus. What about RTFM of the tablet?
For the S3 it's a wish with the edge of your hand (sorry, I'm no anatomy expert, I mean heel of hand+little finger) from left to right or right to left.
  •  

gynta

QuoteI moved the file into locusvectormaps.
should be .../Locus/mapsVector/...

plz tell me the filename

cormad

Sorry i typed the path wrong....screen shots show what i have. Can't seem to load/save kml files also? Update....cant seem to upload screen shots either....ugh.
  •  

gynta

:) dont worry - we have time...
QuoteCan't seem to load/save kml files also?
first we should solve ONE Problem  -> load Vectormaps.

and...
... i also waiting for the filename from your vectormap.

cormad

Ok...Thanks gynta   :)

The file I downloaded from (hxxp://www.vectormaps4locus.eu) is Ontario.osm.map
  •  

gynta

1. HOW you moved the map to ../Locus/mapsVector/.. ?

2. You see the map in the filemanager

3. You are sure you have NOT 2 Locusfolder?
one on sd and one in the phone memory?

4. the screenshot...

gynta

...and plz read

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1684

maybe there is a hint for you.

cormad

Dumb question....Do I need to purchase the maps? I just downloaded the file from the vectormaps4locus web site and transferred the file.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "cormad"Dumb question....Do I need to purchase the maps? I just downloaded the file from the vectormaps4locus web site and transferred the file.
it's not a dumb question - but first i need some other answers from you.  :D

cormad

Quote from: "gynta"1. HOW you moved the map to ../Locus/mapsVector/.. ?  (I used copy and paste)

2. You see the map in the filemanager (Yes I saw the file in filemanger

3. You are sure you have NOT 2 Locusfolder?I am using my tablet, I believe I only have one memory location)
one on sd and one in the phone memory?

4. the screenshot...
Attached

NOTE: I was success when I downloaded and paid for the map through the App.

Should I start a new thread about loading and saving KML files? I will do some more online reading  :)

Thanks for the help
  •