Online shared map download on PC?

Started by torayoko, March 17, 2011, 00:40:54

torayoko

Can i downlod Online shared map on PC with Mobile Atlas Creator ??

I've downloaded Google Classic map on PC and renamed that file to 'Google_Classic' without extension, and put in mapsOline folder. but it doesn't works.
Is this a different sqlitedb type of online shared map and offline map?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  it's weird. During wroting code I forgot to add sqlitedb extension to filename, anyway both database types are same. I have to test it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Hmm so I just did simple test. Download Google classic map as separate map, I renamed to OSM classic and put into mapsOnline folder. Here is result, as expected. Online map is shown as OSM but part of tiles is from google.

So are you sure there is no problem on your side? I expect no, so it looks I'll have to install Mobac to test it same way as you ...
  •  

janflorijn

I am a little bit curious. In mobile Atlas Creator you can use as Atlas setting Big Planet Sqlite to create a shared map on your android?
  •  

jusc

yes, but you have to transfer the file after it is created on your pc to your smartphone. Just try it with a small map (a few tiles) for your own.
You will find the xxxxx.sqlitedb file in your ...MobACatlases directory.
J.
Regards J.
  •  

janflorijn

Yes, I understand. I did it also. But I don't understand the problem. Copying this large file to your device and it's ok? Whe do it an other way? Is this theorectical?
  •  

jusc

yes, copy it to your sdcard into the "directory" locus/maps. The file should not be bigger the 2GB (it´s an Android problem). Then start Locus and it should reinitialize a while. In the past it took a few minutes for bigger files. Please wait for it and try to get your map.
I would propose to create a small map with mobac to test it.

J.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hey guys are you talking about creating normal maps in mobac for locus or creating SHARED maps? Description here http://locus.asamm.cz/?page_id=11. This is different. Default in Locus are Separate maps (created into maps directory).

As I expect, you can create sqlite map in mobac and use it also as shared. But then you need to copy this map into Locus/mapsOnline folder and named it same as map you want to replace. This is anyway undocumented feature and I personally do not tested this on maps created in Mobac. This is also theme of this topic if I understand torayoko question correctly!
  •  

torayoko

I guess I've made a mistake. Everything is as it should be.
Mobac maps can use online shared map.:)
thanks.
  •  

Lucifer1

Hello Menion,

First of all Thanks for the beautiful piece of software.

I just started to look at Locus. My main interrest is to have a mapping application where i can share the maps with Georg for Geocaching. Your approach to use SQLite is great and supported by Georg, BUT...

The offline map packs created in Locus work fine with Georg, unfortunately i can not choose the online database due to the missing file extension.

would it be possible to correct the file naming for the online maps database?

Thanks, Lucifer
  •  

Menion

done...
  •