Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

wvb

FYI, I only have letters in my username and it works fine.

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

druki

I have only letters in username and it works.
  •  

stephan

I read in one of the last c't computer magazines about Oauth that if the data in sheets wasn't listed alphabetically it had problems to read the data. Maybe its the same problem in  geocaching4locus?
 Stephan
  •  

docadams

Hallo,
Sorry for my bad englisch. My activation in the new Version from geocaching4locus do Not work. before came the new version woked it.
My User name is docadams, only letters. the browser is the F-Secure Browser.
 viewtopic.php?t=2276

DocAdams
gesendet mit freundlicher Unterstützung von SGS+ und    ... Tapatalk   ;-)
  •  

loc_nix

Work around for everybody who have problems with the login in the new version: you can deinstall the version 1.4.2.2 and install manually the version from this post: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=549&p=11052#p10980 . This works for me. Maybe there is also an newer version that works, but this is the one i have tried.

alex
  •  

KaHeMu

Ymmd!!

With the older version the import of caches works again. My username at geocaching.com is KaHeMu without special characters.

KaHeMu

Edit Aug 14:
For clarification:
Since version 1.4.2.1 the import wasn't ok.
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

wvb

Hey Arcao,

also here I just got around to make a donation :)
I really love G4L and the great features it has.
  •  

RalfHN

When is a fixed version of Geocaching4Locus  1.4.2.2 version for the login problem available?

I have a "-" in my GC-Nickname. Maybe is this this the problem. But this character I can not change.

Now I use 1.4.1.3. This version is ok without oAuth.

Ralf
  •  

Martin Sloup

I need volunteers who have problem with logging in to test a new version: Geocaching4Locus-1.4.2.3-rc2.apk.

I did some changes in login process, fixed missing error dialog for older Android OS and added getting a message from server side when error occurs. Please report this message via send report button in error dialog or directly using PM or e-mail (mailto:arcao@arcao.com">arcao@arcao.com). Thanks.
-----------
Edit: new link with fixed error about missing oauth_verifier.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

RalfHN

The Beta-Version works now. Login ok. Thank you very much.

Ralf
  •  

zakki1

Hi, i'm using Samsung S2. I'm a true fan of geocaching4locus. However with the last 1.4.2.2 version i can no longer login into geocaching.com: "request token or token secret not set in server reply. The service provider you use is probably buggy. Exception: OAuthExceptionFailedException".

While awaiting a possible fix, can someone provide me with the old working apk?
  •  

zakki1

I tried the above RC2 (1.4.2.3) with my samsung S2 (android 4.0.3) ->  same problem, different error message:
"request token or token secret not set in server reply. This message has a timestamp of dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss,which is beyond the allowable clock skew for in the future.  Exception: OAuthExceptionFailedException".
  •  

Martin Sloup

It looks like you have wrong set timezone or time in android device. Anyway link to old versions you can found in a first post.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

zakki1

Thx for the quick answer. I had a look at the timezone (enabled in Locus- correct set via android os). My timezone is Central European Zone (CET). Obtaining the time and zone through network did not change anything.
I installed version 1.4.1.3, which is working perfectly (as all the previous versions were) now. I'm saved for now but hope this deserves a closer look or more detailed description on required settings...
  •  

sluny

I had the same problem, on my mobile phone with Android 2.2 was loging to geocaching.com not working, downloaded 1.4.3.2 RC2 version and now it seems to be working again...
  •