Adding 'Waypoint next' to the top panel

Started by beonun, July 01, 2012, 05:20:12

beonun

Dear Menion

Do you remember the below ? ^^
--------------------------------------------------
Could you add  'waypoint next' to top panel ?
I have tested 'improved guiding top panel'
I can view 'Distance to next waypoint', but I can not know clearly which waypoint is the next.
Sometimes I have confused which waypoint is the next and whether Locus is operated properly or not.
If the 'Waypoint next' is added, and I select ' Waypoint next' on left top, 'Distance to next' on right top , I could see easily what I want to see.
-----------------------------------------------
Always Thanks !
  •  

Menion

you mean something like this?

[attachment=0:12b4i4r5]Device Screen Capture_2012-07-02_11-37-24.png[/attachment:12b4i4r5]
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

beonun

That's right !

You can add other fields (like 'Waypoint at Destination, Bearing, Heading, Sunrise, Sunset, ...) to the top panel.
And in my opinion, 'Waypoint at Next' is better than ''Name of next waypoint'

I really appreciate your quick reply^^
  •  

beonun

I have noticed that my intention is not properly expressed when I installed 2.5.1
I only want to use 'Guide on' on Track Navigation with Locus.

Usually I record the track with track record funcion when I climb the mountain.
I create a waypoint at the place where I need to review later, naming 'Bridge1, Gate1, Alley Start, ...
So the track I've made has many trackpoints and a few wayponts.

I want to use the recorded track when I climb the same course.
When I select 'Guide on', I want to see the name of the waypoint and the distance to the waypoint that I created  on top panel.
The thing I want to see is not a meaningless point name(point 267, 345, ....)
Point 1, 2, ... are only track points. They are not waypoints.
I want to see the waypoint name (Bridge1, Gate1, Alley Start, ....) and the distance to that point.
  •  

Menion

I discovered this a while after release. Other (Distance and Time) show correct values, but this one show simply current point of track, not a real waypoint. So it's not problem in wrong understanding, but problem in implementing on my side. Sorry, I'll fix it to next version ...
  •  

beonun

Special thanks! Menion!
I've tested this on 2.5.2.

But I still could not understand why the next waypoint is not the closest waypoint from the current over the track.
I want to know which waypoint is the next on Locus. How do you figure out the next waypoint on the track ?

In my thought, when I set 'Guide on' a track, waypoints over the track are are listed up as 'active route points'  
So, they are sort down to the distance from the current place. They can be 'the next waypoint' automatically, one by one.

And I find out the waypoints of gpx file are always not imported as a route point. Some are only imported as waypoints.
So, when I set the track 'Guide on', top panel is not activated.
What is the differences between them ?
  •  

Menion

this is part of Locus that is not perfect, I'm aware of it. If you import track into Locus, it depend on number of tracks in file. If there is only one track and a few points, all points should be attached into this track. If there will be more tracks and some points, points will be imported into selected category

anyway you wrote "But I still could not understand why the next waypoint is not the closest waypoint from the current over the track", but it should be now! It still don't work? Locus still not display next red dot on your track?
  •  

beonun

When I say " I still could not understand why the next waypoint is not the closest waypoint from the current over the track", I mean the track and waypoints are normally imported. And waypoints are displayed  red dots on my track.
But the field of 'name of waypoint'  display a specific waypoint and is not changed though I move over other waypoint.
Morever, the point is not real next waypoint.

At present, Locus has the fixed route points(red dot points) after the track is imported.
Can I add the red dot points after importing ?
Sometimes I want to add a waypoint as a route point on my way to the destination.

I think it is desirable that the route points can be added after the track is imported.
To do that, the route points(red dot points) are not decided as the track is imported.
They have to be dicided when the user select 'Guide on'  a specific track.
Waypoints on  and around the track are listed up as the route points(red dot points)
Waypoints within 50m around the track can be the route points.
What do you think about this?

I wish Locus will be better!
Always thanks!
  •