Main Menu

Estimated time

Started by darkm20, June 04, 2012, 20:49:29

darkm20

Hi!

Is there anybody who knows if other then the time/distance rings is possible to add to this view also the estimated time of arrival to a scrolled point ? Maybe is somewhere in the settings, but couldn't find this. This is very useful for aviators where the control tower asks for an estimated to a point.

This can be either time in minutes to reach the point or time refered to actual clock time (this is better).
For example: 10 minutes would be 10:20 ---> 10:30[/color]

Thanks to anybody!
  •  

Menion

hi,
  check this config file http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ation_file , last parameter right now added. Hope you'll like it ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

darkm20

Hi!

Thanks for your answer, maybe I didn't explain clear. I mean near the cross symbol. Is this configurable too ? In this case I can provide an exact estimate on the scrolled point.

Thank you!
  •  

Menion

ah I wrongly understand ...

you may enable "guide" on any place on map (or point) and then display "time to point" in top panel under "Guiding", is this what you want?
  •  

darkm20

Hi,

not exactly. When I move the cross over the screen actually there are 2 infos: 1) Bearing 2) Distance (as you can see from my screenshot). Is it possible to add also the dynamic ETA ? So that when I move the cross all over the screen it automatically recalculate the ETA for that point?

Thanks!
  •  

Menion

hmm understand, but it's not so simple because in this case it will need probably some settings in locus settings. There are two values visible but non of them is configurable. I really suggest to use time rings or define guiding on points. Or you may post this on GetSatisfaction (something like "allow configure values at "Line to GPS"), so number of votes help me decide if this worth the extra work ...
  •  

darkm20

Very good! Just to understand if the feature was hidden somewhere! Btw compliments for the wonderful product!
  •  

darkm20

Quote from: "menion"hi,
  check this config file http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ation_file , last parameter right now added. Hope you'll like it ;)

Also I have tried the suggested tip but each time I start the application (version 2.4.2) it gets deleted.Something I'm missing ?
The time rings are always showing the time in minutes while I want to force it into (ex. 10:20h).

Thanks!
  •  

Menion

:) wait till next release ;)
  •  

darkm20

Quote from: "menion":) wait till next release ;)

ok! Thanks!
  •  

elmuSSo

•