Possibility to render detailed vector maps at lower zooms

Started by jurajs, April 17, 2012, 18:34:14

jurajs

Hi Menion,

I have seen that you have added an option to change font size for captions in vector maps. Good one.
But I have another idea to improve rendering vector maps.

Can you just add similar possibility to render all symbols and/or captions also on lower/higher zooms to achieve more/less detailed map rendered ?

My intention was to replace all rendertheme strings zoom-min="X" for something like zoom-min="X+/-Y".

What do you think?

Regards,
J.
  •  

Menion

hmm but this should be (currently have to be!) created in rendering theme itself. You can simply try to edit some default rendering styles. One (default Osmarender) is for download in Locus shop. Downloaded file can be found in mapsVector/_themes directory
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jurajs

sure I can... but I am lazy to do so  ;-)

Therefore I am thinking about an little modest option in locus map settings... Imagine the advantages - You can just change it anytime and on any theme currently selected. not just that "edited one" :-)

I guess that the changing of the font size is done in very similar way .... isn't it ? ;)
  •  

Menion

not exactly. Changing of font size is already prepared in MapsForge library so it was quite easy task for me. Changing other parameters on-the-fly isn't prepared so I'll have to do it by myself.
  •  

derBeobachter

However it would probably be quite easy to allow a theme change on the fly. So If someone provides a special theme, it would be a nice option to be able to change to this theme while the map is displayed, without having to do this in the main settings. Or at least give the user the opportunity to select from available themes when he loads a vector map.

Once this is accomplished, one could think about theme changing rules, like zoom factor. I guess that would boost the user willingness not to be lazy and actually create new themes.
  •  

Menion

ability to change vector maps themes faster (so not with menu > settings > maps - advanced > vector maps themes but just with one click on button on right panel (probably best solution), should be placed on GetSatisfaction
  •