Where is the possibilty to center the map?

Started by jusc, April 03, 2012, 22:43:18

jusc

Hi Menion,
I miss the possibilty to center the map before loading.
Why did you remove it? It was an easy way have a first look.

Tapatalk@SGS2
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

I remove it? don't know about it ... on which screen?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

I mean this screen:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

but on Online tab never was centering button ;)
  •  

jusc

Ah ok, for such world wide maps it makes sense. :D
But I played a bit with this http://www.bergfex.at/ in the provider.xml (static5.bergfex.at/images/amap/{z}/87/{z}_{x}_{y}.png  ), somebody posted sometimes ago. Only the Alps... If you are anywhere in the world, it´s a bit hard to find.. without centering. But I understand, online maps  cannot be centered.  :idea:  I have to choose another way.
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

I have the same problem. My solution is to use an overview map for the whole world, shift Locus' center cross  to the interesting region and then switch to the map I want to use.
  •  

snow922

no, I do not remove it, who did you remove it?
Our destiny offers not the cup of despair, but the chalice of opportunity.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "snow922"no, I do not remove it, who did you remove it?
??? What ar you talking about?
  •  

Menion

:) same question. Snow, nothing changed in "centering" of maps. If you're looking for centering of online maps, this never was there

this brings another question. Should be interesting for you, for some maps (the one that have added some special red "area" description) add also possibility to center? This should not be complicated, just manually find some good places for maps that I'll define in locus
  •  

jusc

I´m not sure if I understand it right. Would it be still possible to "center" an online map too? Perhaps at the capital city? P. E. the norge statkart at Oslo?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

you write "still"? I'm also confuse :)

so better: when you tap kn "tools" icon in list of offljne maps, there is nothing like "center" because online maps don't have this feature. and i'm asking if should be interesting for you, to add ability to center also for online maps.

for offline maps, center place is computed from bounding box defined in map itself. in online maps this is not possible so "center" places should be defined manually in locus

i personally use same method as tommi wrote (find correct place on another map) or by centering on own POI, but this should be interesting for someone also ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  •  

jusc

:D  ok,
yes it´s interesting, but I can live with the other way (find correct place on another map) too. In particular maps like "bergfex.at" (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=45&hilit=bergfex&start=60#p4400) would be hard to center I think. But if you think, there is a solution, that would be fine.

But no stress :mrgreen:
Regards J.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

If the Map is big, any "center" is useless. Since we are talking online maps, we have a connection right, so I search for a city name and bingo, the map is there at that spot.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

fine so nothing to do on my side. I was just curious because many people here talk about some missing "centering" function :)

topic closed
  •