Was ist die "Azimut Linie"?

Started by franc, March 30, 2012, 07:12:05

Starman

IMHO, Now that you have a "Heading Line" lose the "Show View" cone. The "Show View" cone implies a "field of view', which is not accurate.
The Heading Line will become more useful as gyros now are starting to be incorporated into phones and tablets.
The hardware compass on my HTC EVO 4G is nutslos. With a lot of figure 8s, i'm lucky if it reads within 15deg of correct heading, and it does not stay in calibration for long. In fact, when I first downloaded Locus, I was concerned that the locus compass did not have an Index, or "Lubber" line. Once I saw how innaccurate the hardware compass is, I realized it doesn't matter. So i'm glad the Heading Line is an option in settings.

The arrowheads on the Heading Line and Course Bearing Line appear to be at a random interval. Could instead there be tic marks at certain intervals? That would turn the lines into measuring sticks.

BTW, what you are calling the "Course Bearing Line", in airline nav displays is more accurately called "Projected Track".

BTW,this app is asymptotically approaching perfection.
"I saw the angel in the marble, and carved until I set him free." -  Michelangelo
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "Starman"IMHO, Now that you have a "Heading Line" lose the "Show View" cone. The "Show View" cone implies a "field of view', which is not accurate.
Actually this has to do with what I meant that I'm not sure about 3) and 4). Currently it's inconsistent, the cone is visible if GPS not in sync on the other hand the bearing line isn't.
I didn't understand the cone as a field of view but more as an expression of low accuracy.

Quote from: "Starman"The arrowheads on the Heading Line and Course Bearing Line appear to be at a random interval. Could instead there be tic marks at certain intervals? That would turn the lines into measuring sticks.
+1, the tics should depend on the map scale and could have same info as the circles

Quote from: "Starman"BTW, what you are calling the "Course Bearing Line", in airline nav displays is more accurately called "Projected Track".
Ah, without any knowledge of nav I also understand projected track better than course bearing line.
Poor Menion. And maybe Gammalerik wants to state on this.

Quote from: "Starman"BTW,this app is asymptotically approaching perfection.
+10 (sic!) from my side
  •  

Gammalerik

Have been doing some testing myself on a test version. Very pleased with the new heading line. At first I found it a bit jumpy, but that was just when walking. Enabled heavy filter in the Locus sensor settings and took a trip at sea with my kayak. Totally better results then. I guess the phone's sensors are getting pounded from the shaking in my hands when I was walking. At flat sea the heading line was much smoother. But yes, calibration is needed before taking a trip (smartphone issue). I verified with a regular compass and it was all good.

As for the name of the older course heading line (azimuth line), projected track will also do. The main goal is that people intuitively understand it. Perhaps even the new heading line could be named "compass line" too. I am not too sure all people now the difference between heading, bearing and course heading etc.

The arrowheads in the line could also have a measuring property as someone said. Perhaps they could be drawn with the distance from each other that represent the scale of the map? (the little bar furthest down and left as seen in tommi62's screenshot, 3 posts up)
  •