Main Menu

Purge cache

Started by yrtimiD, November 29, 2010, 22:19:32

yrtimiD

Hi!
Can you implement simple "purge cache" feature? It can purge whole cache or only viewed area or only specified map cache.
OSM is always changing, and needs constant updates.

Thanks.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  currently all maps are cached by little stupid mechanism into one directory on card. I want to cache them separately into database so when this will be done, I'll keep in mind your request and probably will do it. Currently it's not easy to create.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

yrtimiD

Yep, currently I just delete whole maps directory from time to time. Can you implement such feature for start? :)
  •  

Ronin9

That would be a nice enhancement. It could be just like downloading maps, but in reverse: after selecting the area, Locus, gives you the list of tiles per zoom level in that area, and you select the zoom levels you want to delete.

For example, I have just downloaded from Google the cities of NY and Miami (because I am going there soon) in great detail, plus BRasil and some areas in it in less detail (bacause I live in Brasil and travel a lot :) ). I wished I was able to delete only the portions for NY and Miami (about 150MB each) , without having to deleted the whole Google file (which has some 150MB relating to Brasil and other stuff).

Rodrigo
  •  

Menion

I already created purging cache when online cache file reach 2GB size. This is now working. But clearing cache should take up to 2 hours so it's not recommended!
I'll do some access to this tool from "Tools menu" ... maybe. But recommended way, how to handle maps on various places is to create separated maps for each place! I think, that this is clear...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •