Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

dibrial

Best is to try it for yourself Arcoa.
  •  

Martin Sloup

I found it and it's included in version I'd published a few days ago on a Market. Only  problem is when you change corrected coordinates more than once. Because from a geocaching API I get all unique changes. Thus I must add all of them as a waypoint.

And this version you can from now also download from AndroidPIT.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

micska

Quote from: "Arcao"I found it and it's included in version I'd published a few days ago on a Market. Only  problem is when you change corrected coordinates more than once. Because from a geocaching API I get all unique changes. Thus I must add all of them as a waypoint.

And this version you can from now also download from AndroidPIT.

It works great! Thanks a lot
  •  

kuza

I know you had already simular problem:
with SGS2 by downloading caches:
Not authorized
Exception: GeocachingApiException
File: LiveGeocachingApi.java
Line: 199

Can you help me?
  •  

Martin Sloup

Fixed in a release which I just now uploading to the market.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

kuza

No more error but nothing donwloading...
GPS position fixed, write downloading 0% 0/20 but nothing more happened...
In the end: sorry Geocaching4Locus (proces com.arcao.geocaching4Locus) was unexpectedly closed...
  •  

kellerfelix

Hello and thanks a lot for the great addon:)
Can you tell me how I can see the favorite points of an cache or gcvote "votes"?
Is it possible to see this infos in locus?
Also I can not see how often is a cache found / not found etc.

These infos are realy needed - thats the only reason why I work with c:geo.

Thanks for your answer and best greets from germany
  •  

kellerfelix

Oh i forgot something:

When i try to download a cache (Android 4.0) i get the error:

Exception:
IllegalStateException
File: JsonReader.java
Line: 444
  •  

kuza

How I wrote above - nothing downloading. Can somebody help me?
Thx
  •  

TwoWheeler89

Arcao,
thanks for the great software,it replaced c:geo as my everyday geocaching app, and so far i haven't really missed c:geo.

I have a few questions about it though:

Is there a way to see pictures that aren't included in the listing, e.g. spoiler pics? Are those pictures imported into Locus when I download geocaches? Sometimes, when I'm out in the wild with no internet connection (e.g. in a foreign country), it would be helpful if I had the spoiler with me to help me find the cache.

Second question: So far I don't think your addon is capable of downloading information about Trackables. It shows me which trackables are in a certain cache, but when I click on one of them to read their listing, it takes me to the trackables (online) web site. Do you think it's possible to include this functionality in a future version of your addon? That way, I could download all the information about the caches and their trackables before I leave for geocaching (e.g. in a foreign country with an expensive internet connection) and still know what a certain trackable's objective is.

And finally two questions, but I think this can probably only be solved in Locus and has nothing to do with your addon:
I made a new category in my POIs for the geocaches. Is it possible to update all loaded caches at once, or all marked caches? I haven't found a way to do that yet, so far the only way I see is to select every cache, tap on that toothed wheel and choose "update cache".
When I download a number of caches and import them into my POI, is there a way to have them shown on the map right away, or do I have to go to the POI list and select them all?

I admit, these questions are more than a matter of comfort using Locus and your addon than actual problems, but it would make geocaching with locus even more convenient. ;)

Thanks a lot,
Leo aka TwoWheeler89
  •  

dibrial

Spoilers can be added using spoilerssync on desktop and then copying them into a folder. There's an article in this forum, but I can't find it right now.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "dibrial"Spoilers can be added using spoilerssync on desktop and then copying them into a folder. There's an article in this forum, but I can't find it right now.
This one?
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=268&start=20&hilit=spoiler
  •  

dibrial

viewtopic.php?t=268
Spoiler in Locus & Waypoint Projection

Reading trough this post worked for me.
  •  

kuza

Quote from: "kuza"No more error but nothing donwloading...
GPS position fixed, write downloading 0% 0/20 but nothing more happened...
In the end: sorry Geocaching4Locus (proces com.arcao.geocaching4Locus) was unexpectedly closed...

No answer for my issue so I tied few imes again and from yesterday that works...
Perfect soft.
Thx
  •  

TwoWheeler89

dibrial and tommy62: Thanks a lot, this works like a charm!
  •