Quote from: Andrew Heard on February 05, 2017, 03:21:13So Garmin take a copy of current state of settings and gives it a preset name, good idea. Simple to create basic state to go back and to copy the settings of every special use.
I have just been reading about Presets in the Garmin eTrex 10/20/30 user manual static.garmincdn.com/pumac/eTrex_10-20-30_OM_EN.pdf - page 29. Garmin calls Presets Profiles!
- Preset > Add - adds new preset using existing settings
- Preset > T:Edit meta - call this "Rename"
- Preset > Delete - no change
- Preset > T:Edit content - no longer needed (see next point)
- The exact list of settings is not visible to the user. No long/ complex screens of settings - would make Petr happy and considerably reduce programming/ translations.
- There is zero or one active preset. As settings are changed they are automatically saved to this active preset.
- I think it would therefore be useful to again display "active" or preset name in red, for the active preset.
- This model has radically simpler interface but I think offers same functionality, and faster/ more efficient to use.
Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk