Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - emilyphillipsx738469

#1
What offline maps do you use for hiking?

Hi everyone,

I often go hiking in areas where the mobile signal is not always reliable, so having a good offline map is quite important.

I usually download the map area before starting a trip and keep the route available offline. This makes navigation much easier when there is no mobile connection.

I'm curious what maps other Locus Map users prefer for hiking. Do you mainly use LoMaps, OpenStreetMap-based maps, or other map sources?

I'd also be interested to hear which map settings or map types you find most useful when following hiking trails.

Thanks!
#2
Hi everyone, :D

I have been using Locus Map for outdoor navigation and recently started exploring different ways to plan hiking routes.

I usually prepare the route in advance, save important points along the trail, and download offline maps before going to areas with poor mobile coverage. The ability to record tracks and check the route while hiking is also very useful.

I'm curious how other Locus Map users organize their hiking trips. Do you mainly use LoMaps, online maps, or custom vector maps? And do you have any recommended settings or useful features for hiking and offline navigation?

I'd be interested to hear how you use Locus Map for your own trips.