Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - WildWortWechsel

#1
Hi Menion,

great job! Thank you!

BTW, the lower buttons still not visible sometimes. But now I can see the "head" of the buttons at the lower screenframe.

Have a nice weekend!

Edit: I guess, I figured out why the lower buttons sometimes gone. It seems to depend on the length of the title. One line - buttons visible. Two lines - buttons not visible.
#2
Quote from: Menion on June 02, 2026, 10:10:24@WildWortWechsel
- GPS position on the chart > added
- max. chart scale > increased

Hi Menion,

thank you!

Quote- problem with trails > what exactly is the problem? Not clear from screenshots. A partially missing line is probably a small graphical problem in the used library. Hard to solve, sorry.

Parts of the hiking trails are missing or the lines are not complete drawn. No problem for me.

Quotemissing buttons > does it happen everytime or are you able to describe to me a steps that lead to this state?

Every time with the same recorded track, but not with every recorded track. See the screenshots: both are recorded. One shows the buttons, the other not when clicking on it.
#3
Quote from: Tapio on June 01, 2026, 01:33:01
Quote from: WildWortWechsel on June 01, 2026, 00:03:27Just realized that in the trail view the lower menu is gone. Will it come back? Or is it a bug?
Here it works. Maybe Fullscreen mode related?

Thank you for testing! I also did some more tests and figured out, the lower menu is sometimes visible, sometimes not. Seems not related to full screen mode.
#4
Just realized that in the trail view the lower menu is gone. Will it come back? Or is it a bug?
#5
Hi Menion,

first of all: thank you for the latest beta. I like the new track/elevation panel especially that the distances are visible without the need of shifting the panel upwards.

- Is it possible to keep the gps position during a hike fix on the elevation chart indepentant of a click on it? At the moment you loose your position when clicking somewhere on the chart e.g. for distance measurement to find a camp spot etc.

- during map zooming the trails of the hiking routes are "smashed" of the Germany south map.

Have a nice weekend!

Pixel 10 pro XL
Android/GrapheneOS 16
Latest Beta

Edit: the elevation chart in landscape mode is relatively small. It doesn't use the max. screen size. For longer tracks it would be usefull if the chart would be wider because the max. zoom is 25 km/screen by a 600 km track. Or is it possible to add more zoom levels so the resolution would be better?
#6
Hi Menion,

the halo for long tracks is fixed. Thank you!
#7
Quote from: Menion on May 14, 2026, 22:00:45I'm glad it works fine, super!

About highlight ... @WildWortWechsel , hmm it should not look like this, damn! Guys, if you, anyone, share a track over "Share by link", I'll gladly look at it!

The track is on the way ...
#8
Hi Menion,

thank you for the new version. The start is stable even with many tracks on the map.

I like the elavation view on the upper frame so the trail is visible.

The halo for long trails is not optimal but ok. In principle I like the new halo.

Greetings and have a nice day!

Edit: Added screenshot.
#9
Quote from: Menion on May 14, 2026, 09:43:29@WildWortWechsel
it may be connected to auto-hiding of the rest of the UI. After edit, what if you double-tap on the map screen to reveal all panels that are auto-hidden. Does it help?

Yes, this helps.
#10
Quote from: Tapio on May 13, 2026, 13:49:00
Quote from: WildWortWechsel on May 13, 2026, 10:28:31Afterwards some buttons were missing (see screenshot). I repeated it several times. This happens not always.
Are they part of a preset and you applied it? Your screenshot is useless, because everybody's bar looks different.

Hello Tabio,

thank you for your feedback.

I added a photo of my "standard" setting to show the difference. Let me know if you need more informationen.
#11
Just playing around as a beta test and changed the "Funktionsleiste" at the right side. Afterwards some buttons were missing (see screenshot). I repeated it several times. This happens not always.

#12
Quote from: Graf Geo on May 11, 2026, 14:30:50Hi WildWortWechsel, I've just realised that I had that 'ping' sound when uploading photos on my new mobile phone at first too. I was able to turn it off in the Android settings like this:

Apps > Locus Map > Benachrichtigungen (dort zu Laufende Dienste scrollen) > LoPoints Fotos OFF.

See screenshot:


Thank you so much!

Edit: I just checked it and it was at "lautlos". Seems that I already changed it in the past ... obviously without success.
#13
Quote from: Graf Geo on May 10, 2026, 21:07:21@ WildWortWechsel: Sorry, but I don't hear any 'pling'. Maybe a problem with your device. Does anyone else hear that 'ping'?

Hi Graf Geo,

thank you for testing!

When I take a photo for a POI there is this "Ping"-sound I guess since 4.33.0.11. If I have no net it is repeating every minute or so. Nothing changed at my phone beside the new beta.

I took a video from this  but it is to large to upload it here.

Just to be precise, I'm talking about a photo for a LoPoint.

Just in this moment I'm writing this Locus did upload 5 photos I took in the afternoon and there was this annoying "Ping". (See second Screenshot - I even did set it to "lautlos" without any success.)

PS: I already took over 3000 LoPoint photos and never had this sound before.
#14
Dear Menion,

related to the "ping" sound after taking a  photo for a POI: It is still there and it was so disturbing on my hike today. I had no net for several kilometes and the "ping" did not stop. I don't know why but even after switching the loudness to zero sometimes I heard this "ping". Because no other App was active I guess it came from Locus. Please make it possible to disable this "ping". I'm hiking to escape from noises around me (beside natural sounds).

I really like to support the locus community but for now I will stop taking POI/LoPoint photos.

#15
Hi Menion,

2022 I hiked the Nord-Süd-Trail. I wanted to show it a friend, tipped on it and the new halo covered it completly. Maybe a smaller or a dynamic halo for longer tracks solve this?

Greetings!