Locus Map - forum

Support => Troubles & Questions => Topic started by: querin.rene on September 28, 2026, 08:33:32

Title: Black screen / ANR at startup and partial map rendering after rotation
Post by: querin.rene on September 28, 2026, 08:33:32
Hello,

I'm a Locus Map Gold user and version 4.36.0 became unusable on my phone. Version 4.35.0 works correctly.

Device and software

Phone: Redmi Note 14 Pro 5G
OS: Xiaomi HyperOS 3.0.302.0.WOOEUXM.C07
Android: 16 (BP2A.250605.031.A3), security patch 2026-07-01
Locus Map: 4.36.0 (updated on September 18, 2026)

Background
Locus always worked fine on this phone. It was the last app updated on the phone (September 18). I don't use it every day, so the problems may have started right after that update. I haven't noticed any recent WebView or system update. My data folder is 2.57 GB (mapsVector 1.92 GB, mapsOnline 218 MB, database 12.9 MB, over 5000 points).

Problems with 4.36.0

After the splash screen, the screen stays black and Android shows "Locus Map isn't responding". If I wait a few minutes, the app eventually starts.
After startup, the app becomes unresponsive after almost every action, for example when selecting a different map such as LoMaps Online.
After rotating the screen, the map is drawn only in the top-left part of the display and the rest is black, while the buttons remain visible (screenshot attached).
The automatic backup has been failing since September 23 (last successful backup: May 30). The manual backup starts uploading to Dropbox and immediately shows an "Oops!" error, while exporting points to Dropbox works.

Result of downgrading
After uninstalling 4.36.0 and installing 4.35.0 (4.35.0_1215_release.apk), and restoring my data folder, everything works correctly: no ANR, no black screen.

Is this a known issue with 4.36.0? Is a fix planned? I can send logs if needed.

Thank you,
René