Locus Map - forum

Support => Troubles & Questions => Topic started by: Mick FU on June 01, 2026, 13:32:56

Title: Search activity with 2 points
Post by: Mick FU on June 01, 2026, 13:32:56
We can find easily all activities passing near a point (search and sort by distance).
But is it possible to filter/select/display only those starting from a certain second point? 🤔
Title: Re: Search activity with 2 points
Post by: Menion on June 02, 2026, 15:20:41
Hi,
not sure what exactly you would like to do, but you can set a app settings > Misc > Default search/sort location to map screen cursor and then sort tracks in My library by the "Distance to end". Is this what you are looking for? Nearest tracks sorted by end (second) point?
Title: Re: Search activity with 2 points
Post by: Mick FU on June 02, 2026, 20:38:45
Hi,
I would like to search activities passing at a certain mountain peak (first point = map center) (for this I am searching in my library and sorting by nearest), but select only those with a starting point (second point) elsewhere on the map.

Combining your idea (sort by distance from start) and mine (make visible activities sorted from distance to map point) would work, if I could search and sort only into visible activities. Which I can't find any way to do it 🤔
Title: Re: Search activity with 2 points
Post by: Menion on June 03, 2026, 08:27:14
Understand. Hmm ...
- sort by the distance from the peak
- then display some of them
- search on the map for the start point and which tracks are nearest
Title: Re: Search activity with 2 points
Post by: Mick FU on June 03, 2026, 13:51:45
Hi Menion,
Thanks.
I am doing exactly that, dreaming for something "smarter".
To improve this usecase, I would love having :
- max distance filter but for tracks 😊 (make visible lots of tracks quickly)
Screenshot_20260603_134705_Locus Map.jpg

- search option "in visible tracks only"
Screenshot_20260603_134902_Locus Map.jpg