Main Menu

Recent posts

Troubles & Questions / Magnetic/program compass and a...
Last post by 8850 - Today at 13:04:21
Where does the error lie?  What am I doing wrong? Why are LocusMap maps showing the wrong azimuth?

I am standing on a hill, LocusMap shows to the second hill azimuth in a straight line of 250 degrees.  The compass in LocusMap shows a different azimuth - to the second hill as much as approx. 263-282 degrees. Smartphone is level vertically and horizontally. The compass built into the smartphone's firmware shows the same value as the compass in LocusMap. I aim through the magnetic physical compass in my hand and it shows the same value as the smartphone's compass. Why are LocusMap maps showing the wrong azimuth? The difference varies from 10 to 25 degrees of azimuth despite accurate aiming.

LocusMap Silver 4.21 (offline openstreet map - www.openandromaps.org)
GPS excellent signal (Glonass, Baidu, Gps).
Xiaomi Note 10 PRO smartphone
Physical compass on the hand made in Ukraine
OruxMap app also shows a different azimuth on the map to the destination than the built-in compass
Troubles & Questions / Re: Hiding map bounds box
Last post by Jakice - Today at 13:02:06
Here is a screenshot of the boxes I would like to hide. Thanks.
Locus Map / Re: [APP] - version 4.23.+ ( 0...
Last post by Tapio - Today at 10:19:04
Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 17, 2024, 17:04:06Has anyone else experienced this?
Not a problem here.
Last post by freischneider - Today at 10:05:08
It is best to take a screenshot and mark the area
Last post by Jakice - Today at 03:16:41
Sorry for the delay in replying.  No, I mean the box on the Locus map screen that shows the area covered by the map (and also other maps available).  The colour of the box changes with zoom levels, I think.  Thanks.
@freischneider

ich werde es ausprobieren und rückmelden.
Besten Dank, so lässt sich das gut händeln.
Last post by Andrew Heard - Yesterday at 10:30:51
installed & tested .4 but still crashing whenever comms enabled or disabled ;-(
You cannot view this attachment.
Last post by Andrew Heard - Yesterday at 08:57:14
ok thanks, I tried installing .4 but had trouble (reported), will try again
Das mache ich mit dem R1. Nur Wegpunkt ist nicht fest in Locus. Da musst du mit einer Taste dann Tasker beauftragen. Ich habe eine Taste und aktiviere damit Sprachbefehle. Du kannst aber auch nur diese Aktion damit ansprechen. Über Tasker kann Locus das.