Set guid to a certain point of a already recorded track

Started by rainer042, April 13, 2012, 13:40:10

rainer042

Hello,

I want to use guiding to walk along a track that has already been recorded before. So I make the track visible, then select eg the first point (point 1) of the track and in the menu that appears I select "guide on".

The problem is, that it seems that locus does not draw the "guide direction line" to the point I selected before but to the a point of the track that is the closest from my current position. In settings Routing/Guiding I already turned the option "automatically select best point" off.

Is there a way to get guidance to the very point I manually selected? Is the current  behaviour of auto selecting the closest point desired or a bug?

Thanks
Rainer
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Hello Rainer,

I think you talk about the situation where the start of the track is at a distance from where you activated Locus/"where you parked your car". As in the screendump. Notice the orange line from my position to the start icon of the track. So I can confirm your remark. Auto select best point does not make a difference here. It is not a big problem for me.

Preferred behaviour would be that the guidance line goes to the selected point. (And in the process, let's not kill the great ability of Locus to start guiding anywhere halfway the track and in both directions).
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Rainer it's not a bug. I was testing this and everytime I wanted to start guide, I wanted to do it from nearest point and then continue along path. So everytime I had then choose nearest point and then continue. If you want to start guide on first point (which is I think minor case), simple workaround is for example tap long on first point, this popup address dialog and start guiding on this new point created by long-tap.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rainer042

Its not a big issue. I was just a little puzzles since I could select a particular point and for this point I could say "guide" but then this point was not used but instead another one.  I would have expected that turning the option "automatically select best point"  on could have had this effect but this seems to have still another meaning.

Thanks for the answers
Rainer
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Oeps, forgot about the "long tap" option, that is guiding to a point on the map. Luckily that also works without being online. (Just guide to the "unknown adress".)  

It's raining here very hard now: so, when arriving at the "track' I have to start track guiding there ok?
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

yes correct Henk :)

anyway you're probably right Rainer.
When you tap on track on map, you may directly here start guide OR you may tap on second item in list (point itself) and here start guiding. This should work as guiding on one single point right? But problem is that this item isn't in list. Don't know why, but I disabled this for single point on track ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •