x10 Augmented reality

Started by tomtomxp, March 30, 2011, 19:14:20

tomtomxp

hi need some help plz, using a X10i runing [ROM] CM 6.1.3 V053 Full Camera fix [27-03-11] [Tweaked+Theme+Extras]
managed to download my offline maps fine and import around 50,000 poi's, takes a lil while to load bit once loaded seems to run fine, having trouble with the AR feature tho, it loads the camera fine and the radar showing where poi's are but no icon/logo overlay displayed on camera
note was runnning lower rom version  CM 6.1.3 V050 but camera in AR feature would be stripped/distorted, used xrecovery to install custom update for camera fix relating to ROM, and camera loads ok now but was woundering weather this possibly was the root of problem, i have tried loading only a few nearby poi's to see if it was that it couldnt handle the 50k but this still dosent work, and i have a gps fix when in the AR feature which ive read can sometimes be causing issues but my satalite icon in top right stays there.

Any help would be much appreciated even a fellow x10i user who could confirm it does work and possibly could tell me what firmware ROM there using, thanks
Tom
  •  

berkley

Hi Tom,

nice to see you here and sorry for sending you from here to there... ;)
What about you do a post in the General X10i section on XDA and ask if somebody could try the app and the addon? I guess it would be much easier for you than trying out several ROMs on the market.

And perhaps you could make a screenshot with the AR not working and upload it here.
Here's a screenshot-app: http://www.appbrain.com/app/shootme-%28 ... icme.local

Good luck, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

tomtomxp

hi thanks for tips good ideas, have just posted in xda in Q&A thread and someone on locus app thread (xda) has post a prob also using an x10i so sugested we could help each other out
  •  

berkley

You could try something weird too...

- root your phone
- get the app "super manager" (its a root explorer)
- go to "/dbdata/databases/"
- delete the folders for locus and the locus AR addon
- try again ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

tomtomxp

updated to new rom now so gues that will have been formated but thanks for the tip again, i where thinking about deleting those files too
  •  

berkley

And does it work now?
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

tomtomxp

Nope :-(
running this rom now [ROM] 2.2.1 froyo_Achotjan_V008 30/03/2011 fully HD camera !
  •  

berkley

And does the Addon work for other people with the same phone and ROM?
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

tomtomxp

BUMP any fellow x10i users have AR working fully, showing poi labels
  •