Re: [APP] - version 3.37.+ ( 18. 3. 2019 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2019, 14:52:24

Žajdlík Josef

Preferences / Map Theme.  Click to select.  The list is empty.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on April 27, 2019, 18:06:32
I really like the "tilt" feature.  But I suspect more people will accidentally activate it, then wonder how to reset it back to normal.

Maybe it could be a simple on/off setting, and in the UI beside "Rotate Map"?  (Then I'll know I've got it tilted the maximum; I'd never want it half-tilted.)
With me, tilt was activated after first start, was wondering if that was a mandatory feature now. Then it was suddenly gone, didn't realize why and how and wondered how to get it back. Menion, this desparately needs some information popup or the like.

Anyway, "half-tilted"? I can only seem to get Full or None, no steps in between.
  •  

slarti76

I stumbled upon the new Quick Action Menu. Did I miss something or has that not been mentioned here/in the release notes? I like it, but when is it planned to go live? Does look basically ready to me...

Andrew Heard

Quote from: slarti76 on April 29, 2019, 08:45:50
I stumbled upon the new Quick Action Menu
nice find - looks quite useful
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

zossebart

Quote from: slarti76 on April 29, 2019, 08:45:50
I stumbled upon the new Quick Action Menu.

It's already in Pro, just not the menu item. You can only fire it up via API/public intend in current Pro.
  •  

balloni55

sorry i´m a old man
QuoteI really like the "tilt" feature.
where to find and how to handle?????
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: balloni55 on April 29, 2019, 14:23:53
sorry i´m a old man
QuoteI really like the "tilt" feature.
where to find and how to handle?????
Don't worry, nothing about being old, it's just not "advertised" at all. And it's no setting, just double tap and move fingers up or down. Actually kind of a "standard" gesture used by other map apps, too. As I wrote, should be explained to users.
  •  

john_percy

Two fingers on map; drag down.
Two fingers on map; drag up to restore to flat map view.
Menon has said it's not yet working properly.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Viajero Perdido

My apologies, I should have mentioned how to activate "tilt", rather than just leaving it as a mystery.

I was experimenting with zoom lock (after seeing it mentioned here; never used it before), and managed to get Locus into an endless rendering loop.  This is with an OAM V4 map, new "active RT4" theme, zoom lock on, but can't remember original zoom level.

The screenshot also shows, incidentally, the old glitch of not rendering areas with no content, those big rectangles.  But here, in a loop, Locus would render the screen as shown, then grey out the entire map, then render again as shown, repeating indefinitely.  It's a slow-moving loop, a few seconds each time through.

No idea what's going on here.  Maybe this is one of the problems with tilt that Menion mentioned...  EDIT: Removing tilt doesn't stop the loop, just speeds it up a bit.  :)  Turning off zoom lock doesn't stop the loop either, but then choosing a different zoom level does finally stop it.
  •  

balloni55

with an OAM V4 map and General LoTheme
- each render ZL9 up to ZL14  takes 10-15 sec./screen
- zooming in and out few times only  check pattern is displayed >solution recall the map
- after some zoom in/out names aren´t displayed complete
- at ZL 11 and ZL12  names of big towns are displayed, but additional also all names or titles  including: german "insel" or name of an island "Reichenau" "Mainau"  or french "ile"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

CabrioTourer

At least for me there seems to be a big issue in new map core.
Many graphical errors during navigation.
Navigation is more or less not usable.
I'm using V4 ML maps.
I uploaded an example video here:
https://app.box.com/s/xfaxre1nil8n3ljv07az9xtab2nmtpf2

There is a second video in the link which shows two things with map core during planing.
It's pretty slow on my OnePlus 6.Means with high end Qualcomm by 2018 and not so high display resolution.
. For me it's acceptable but don't know how it looks like on medicore smartphone.
It shows the stuck, too. (sec 20)

Last point: Is there an option to disable 3D view of map?
It might be good while navigation but not for planing.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteIs there an option to disable 3D view of map?
@CabrioTourer
Quote from: john_percy on April 29, 2019, 14:33:17
Two fingers on map; drag down.
Two fingers on map; drag up to restore to flat map view.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

Menion

Uff, too much posts on me after few days off  :P

@0709
recalculation with route-priority should behave differently now. It should not force you to go back to some un-passed points, but always should try to find nearest next point along the route. So it should not be needed to use via-points to keep you moving along the planned route.
Also, just today I've improved option when you start navigation from the map with "Navigate from selected point". The app will now try to navigate you really to this point firstly without skipping.

"Recalculate all" feature is for some time in the right side menu. Does not work as expected?

@locus.sv@heime.org
lost manual rotation: ah, did not know about this, but you are correct! Fixed, thanks

@Viajero Perdido and others with "tilt" questions
tilt was enabled in Beta by accident. It is old app feature that do not work correctly with visible tracks/routes. Sorry for confusion, will be disabled in next Beta again. Till then, use two fingers and swipe up/down.

"Render loop" ... hmm it seems to be a side effect of automatic searching for maps that may fill these gaps (map auto-load). I've fixed at least this "blinking". Now we need some method that will fill these gaps by simple background color.

@CabrioTourer
I also noticed some unexpected lags and slowdown, so performance is definitely something I'll have to look on more carefully.

Problem with navigation: sorry, this is exactly what I wrote to Viajero above. It is a side effect of "tilt" of the screen. Just turn tilt back and it will work as expected :). Sorry for this.

And slow rendering: I'll for sure look at it closer and try to improve it! Thanks

@Andrew Heard
thanks, email received. I'll look at it during the next days.

@tramp20
uff, do not know about any similar problems. If you see "map does not support themes", this should happen only if enabled map really does not support themes. Maybe restart of device and selecting vector map again? Even a crash confirm there was some serious problem.

@Žajdlík Josef
ah, this dialog was commented with one big "TODO" :).
Anyway, you have found one big issue for me now. So, unfortunately, selecting map themes (which was not still perfect) in presets have to be removed for now.

@balloni55
well, the rendering problems itself or slowness, aren't currently top priority. My first interest is to offer the same or better experience for current existing features. MapsForge V4 was still more or less experimental and only a fraction of users use it now. So sorry, I do not know how to solve the mentioned problems. It will need some deeper testing and hard to say if it's even easily solvable when MF V4 is completely out of my control.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: menion on April 30, 2019, 17:02:51
@Žajdlík Josef
ah, this dialog was commented with one big "TODO" :).
Anyway, you have found one big issue for me now. So, unfortunately, selecting map themes (which was not still perfect) in presets have to be removed for now.

I don't know if I understand correctly? The PRO version selects the map theme. The preferences would make no sense if the map theme could not be selected. What would be the prefix "tourism" with a car theme map?
  •  

erfi

There is now a problem with track statistic Energy in new Beta-Version, here 3 Examples:
Track Walking: 3.37.2 Pro:    341 kcal; 3.37.2.9 beta: 4464 kcal
Track Bicycle:  3.37.2 Pro:    845 kcal; 3.37.2.9 beta: 1187 kcal
Track Hiking:    3.37.2 Pro: 2454 kcal; 3.37.2.9 beta: 8340 kcal.
  •