Import or copy kml tracks

Started by Hispanico, June 17, 2023, 14:42:29

Hispanico

I pass from ouxmap to locus :-) and i have a lot (45)of tracks all with proper name.
Im wchich way a can copy all these tracks in locus (folder) so i have all in locus ready, without every time import track from folder of orux?

Thank
Hispa
  •  

michaelbechtold

Welcome to Locus :-)
I'm talking about LM4 here: enter Track manager, employ the "+" function, navigate to your local folder (*), long tap one of the desired ones, then check all those you want, finally kick off the mass import.

(*) if the Orux track files should be in its private folder, than use a file manager like x-plore or solid explorer or TC to copy them to the Locus export folder before you start above process.
  •  

Tapio

Locus does not use a folder with gpx/kml while running. It works with a database. You can import and export tracks to/from it - manually.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Do not forget on "Map items" guys ;).

You may copy your data into Locus/mapItems/subdir and then in the app use the so-called "Map items" function to enable/disable them. Or you may of course import data into the database as others suggested (the most common way).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on June 17, 2023, 20:45:40Do not forget on "Map items" guys ;).
Good reminder... I just used it once. I noticed it allows to display gpx files. It's weird and clunky to use. It does not tell that items are being displayed. And they can only be removed via "hide all".
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Hispanico

THANKKKKKKK
But i import from file.zip but now i have all my old tracks but without name...only
"Segment: 1 "
etc..

:-((

and if i use function "Map Items", that is very good alternative, is not possible order track for name, date etc.. or i wrong ?

Hispa
  •  

michaelbechtold

You might try to do the multiple import way I described; maybe this will preserve the names.
I have no Orux gpx to test myself.
  •  

Hispanico

Quote from: michaelbechtold on June 18, 2023, 18:09:34You might try to do the multiple import way I described; maybe this will preserve the names.
I have no Orux gpx to test myself.
I try but the problem track without name remain...

Hispa
  •  

Menion

May you please share any track you try to import? I have a strong feeling that app do import correctly and "issue" is in the file itself.
  •  

Hispanico

•  

Menion

Thanks,
if I'm looking correctly into "Eremo Gamogna ..." file, then track really has defined "Segment: 1" as a name.
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: I'm not fluent in KML, but I see
"<name><![CDATA[Eremo Gamogna 2 2022-05-05 13:48:07]]></name>"
as the first occurrence of name in one of the gpx files. That looks like the expected name, I suppose.
In particular as the file contains only one track.
Just my 2c ...
  •  

Menion

Yes, but it is a title in the document. The track itself has defined its own name, at least in the "Eremo Gamogna ..." file I've checked.
  •  

Hispanico

So pheraps if i convert kml to gpx possibly i can solve the problem of name ?
If yes whici program is good to convert ?

Thank again
Hispa
  •  

michaelbechtold

AllTrails Web Site does a good thing: put the top level name in all the places where a segment name was.
But that would be tedious.
You can do a similar thing yourself using Notepad++ e.g. on a PC to do a "substitute all" for each file.
Maybe there is a program for PC that does that, too.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Hispanico