[APP] - version 4.9.+ ( 04/2022 )

Started by Menion, April 25, 2022, 16:11:17

Tapio

"Save as new" in Route Planner: Good, BUT:

Why not just use common behaviour as in most applications, "Save" vs. "Save as..."?

"Save": a) If new+unsaved track, effectively be a "Save as...". b) If editing an already saved track: Instantly save without asking.
"Save as": Ask for name etc. before saving in any case. Take over old name if track was already saved. If using the same name, ie you effectively overwrite, then it should ask for confirmation (currently does not).

Keeping the undo steps (not flushing them) after save is VERY nice to have. At least when allowing save without confirmation. But then it would need to stay in planner obviously.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

I found a bug.

- Tap a track in track manager
- "Route planner" (button to the bottom right)
- Save, "Overwrite"
- "Route planner" - again
- Cannot do anything on the track
  •  

CabrioTourer

I understand the 100m rule in glitch detector.
Just an idea to make it better: If the next or prev point is an via point it will not be detected as glitch. If both are shaping points it will.
This will even detect those glitches and the way to tell Locus that it's not a glitch is simple. Just use (silent) via point.

Btw:
I'm using via points mainly to get a voice notification during navigation. I use this to report start and end of a new path I explore now. I use then the "quick point"? dialog to assess the path and make the assessment visible via different point icons.
What about a shaping point with an option to enable voice?
  •  

Menion

@tapio
"Save in the route planner" > so the only suggestion is to ignore the "Overwrite route?" dialog when saving right? I think it is fine as is :). One small additional step to be sure you really know what to do is worth it.

Bug in the route planner: ah I see it, thanks!

@CabrioTourer
I'm not sure I understand how this may work. Currently, the app detects glitches on all connections between segments. Give me a good reason why some connections should be excluded and I'll do it.

"Shaping points with voice announcement"? Heh. Sorry, shaping points are used only for the setup of the route. They are not easily available out of the route planner screen.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Route Planner: is this a bug? certainly not sorted by Distance.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Line to nav. target, nice but not yet (color) configurable.
  •  

slarti76

Quick question about dashboards:
The internal icons are all black, which is not very useful with a darkish gray background for the tiles as I have. No the icons are obviously monochrome, so it should be possible to change color?! Can that be implemented? Or did I overlook something?
  •  

Joska

Hello Slarti
You can use your own icons, i.e. as png-pictures.
Joska
---
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Joska on May 09, 2022, 22:24:12
Hello Slarti
You can use your own icons, i.e. as png-pictures.
Joska
But I want to use the built-in icons, they're fine. I don't have the time to screenshot those and change their color with a paint program. Or search for fitting icons. It's not that I don't like the icons, it's just the color...
  •  

Tapio

Small UI bug, after clicking continue, then "Delete", the UI does not refresh, still says there's the unfinished download.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
it will be probably correct. The problem is in the visible distance below the item title. I'll improve it.

@tapio
"line to nav. target" - ah you are correct. I'll inherit color from the navigation route style

The issue with notification > hmm I'm heavily pushed to the completely new map manager (that was partially done, but never finished), so ... anyway thanks  :)

@slarti76
an old problem with the color of icons I've never solved.
I've at least added a quick fix > next time you pick an "Internal icon", it will be colored to match the style of the text.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on May 10, 2022, 16:20:49@slarti76
an old problem with the color of icons I've never solved.
I've at least added a quick fix > next time you pick an "Internal icon", it will be colored to match the style of the text.
Thx, sounds to me like a perfectly sufficient solution. In the end, that's what I wanted - custom color is not really necessary. Looking forward to it :)
  •  

Joska

[/quote]. It's not that I don't like the icons, it's just the color...
[/quote]

What colours, you are surchin for....  ;)
---
  •  

CabrioTourer

Found a bug in time calculation in route planner but don't know what are the right way to send the data to reproduce.

Today I searched for the reason why two nearly identical routes has huge difference in calculated time.
At least I found one.
A part of the route uses a street where I have alread a defined point. When I add this point as via point, the route itself doesnt change. But the time increases by 30 min. I double checked. The length doesn't changed but the time.
I'm using brouter.

If someone from the devs would like to check I can share the data.
But which way of sharing  doesn't influences the internal data? My doubt is if we export / import via gpx the effect will be gone.

I'm using cloud sync. In case this is the best way to share please send me an email with steps howTo.
(mzk@libertynet.eu)

P. S.
Can reproduce the same with my second device. Doesn't look like a temporary hiccup.
  •  

Tapio

Dashboard, Chart elements: If it is displayed without any text labels, lines should not be displayed as well IMO. You don't know what they relate to, anyway.

Dashboard in general: internal icons on black background are black on black.
  •