Locus Map 4, discussion (pre-release)

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 13:00:40

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

freischneider

I have the new beta.
Go there on user manual
see pictures
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 12
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 64fc904a8  (Devices-ID)
  •  

Andrew Heard

#61
Quote from: Menion on March 23, 2021, 20:35:06
I already received a bug report from @Jochen (thanks for this), so there definitely something that does not work. I'm going to wake up Petr and we will look at it  :).

... but definitely do not purchase anything (year subs) without a discount, this has to work correctly on our side!
I also confirm @Jochen & @ balloni55 experience

  • play store > upgrade Locus Map Free ≡ LM4.0.0 beta (free)
  • LMPro3.51.0 > main menu > Locus Store > top menu (person icon) > login – OK
  • LM4.0.0 > main menu > Locus Store > top menu (person icon) > confirm logged in > but  "Exclusive" offer not visible
  • (LM4.0.0) > main menu > Go Premium > SELECT SUBSCRIPTION (Gold) > "A special offer...for LM Pro" - this price appears to reflect the discount, so although different to 1st page of this topic, I think it is otherwise working.
LM4.12.2.6 GOLD user ID:142d400c7
  •  

Ricardo Borges

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 23, 2021, 23:15:52
Quote from: Menion on March 23, 2021, 20:35:06
I already received a bug report from @Jochen (thanks for this), so there definitely something that does not work. I'm going to wake up Petr and we will look at it  :).

... but definitely do not purchase anything (year subs) without a discount, this has to work correctly on our side!
I also confirm @Jochen & @ balloni55 experience

  • play store > upgrade Locus Map Free ≡ LM4.0.0 beta (free)
  • LMPro3.51.0 > main menu > Locus Store > top menu (person icon) > login – OK
  • LM4.0.0 > main menu > Locus Store > top menu (person icon) > confirm logged in > but  "Exclusive" offer not visible
  • (LM4.0.0) > main menu > Go Premium > SELECT SUBSCRIPTION (Gold) > "A special offer...for LM Pro" - this price appears to reflect the discount, so although different to 1st page of this topic, I think it is otherwise working.
Menion wrote we should get free Silver for 1 year. This appears to you? Not here.

Enviado de meu SM-G780F usando o Tapatalk
  •  

Andrew Heard

#63
Quote from: Ricardo Borges on March 23, 2021, 23:43:16
Menion wrote we should get free Silver for 1 year. This appears to you? Not here.

Enviado de meu SM-G780F usando o Tapatalk
@Ricardo Borges - yes it does show free upgrade to Silver for 1st year for LM3Pro users; I didn't bother to report that as only interested in the Gold (I'm not able to modify that post sorry).
LM4.12.2.6 GOLD user ID:142d400c7
  •  

freischneider

#64
Quote from: Ricardo Borges on March 23, 2021, 23:43:16
Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 23, 2021, 23:15:52
Quote from: Menion on March 23, 2021, 20:35:06
I already received a bug report from @Jochen (thanks for this), so there definitely something that does not work. I'm going to wake up Petr and we will look at it  :).

... but definitely do not purchase anything (year subs) without a discount, this has to work correctly on our side!
I also confirm @Jochen & @ balloni55 experience

  • play store > upgrade Locus Map Free ≡ LM4.0.0 beta (free)
  • LMPro3.51.0 > main menu > Locus Store > top menu (person icon) > login – OK
  • LM4.0.0 > main menu > Locus Store > top menu (person icon) > confirm logged in > but  "Exclusive" offer not visible
  • (LM4.0.0) > main menu > Go Premium > SELECT SUBSCRIPTION (Gold) > "A special offer...for LM Pro" - this price appears to reflect the discount, so although different to 1st page of this topic, I think it is otherwise working.
Menion wrote we should get free Silver for 1 year. This appears to you? Not here.

Enviado de meu SM-G780F usando o Tapatalk

The discount appears for me. Silver is free and gold is around 12 euros

Do you have the same google account and the same Locus Store account as Pro?
I don't know if the same google account is necessary. Or only the same Locus Store account is required.
Have already asked a question above. But I think Menion missed them.
As I said, no problem for me!
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 12
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 64fc904a8  (Devices-ID)
  •  

JackRussel

I don`t see LM4. There are Locus Map free and Locus Map Pro. And Locus Map free is 3.50.1

At least here in Playstore
  •  

auric

Quote from: JackRussel on March 24, 2021, 08:15:47
I don`t see LM4. There are Locus Map free and Locus Map Pro. And Locus Map free is 3.50.1

At least here in Playstore

This is about the public beta, so you have to become a beta-tester. Or wait a few days until LM4 is released officially :-)

If you want to try the beta, please open the app in the Play store and scroll down. You should have an option "become a beta tester"
If not, you can go directly to the invitation link
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: janaton

Diddi

Quote from: JackRussel on March 24, 2021, 08:15:47
I don`t see LM4. There are Locus Map free and Locus Map Pro. And Locus Map free is 3.50.1

At least here in Playstore

Please read the first post. You have to subscribe to beta channel of Locus Map free
  •  

JackRussel

Oh sorry. I have read the first post. But in page 3 I have read, that LM4 is released. A misunderstanding of me.
  •  

drumpldeer

Quote from: drumpldeer on March 23, 2021, 08:36:41
... One question I still have. When I create a new waypoint and click on the sign with arrow and point, Locus 3 always immediately displayed the map and the point was aimed. Now I have to click three times to get the map displayed. Is it still possible to change this? ...
@Menion: Here is a screenshot for what i mean. If i create a new waypoint an d press the button in the left bottom corner, Locus 3 shwoed the map and the guide to this waypoint was on. If i press the button in Locus 4, it is showing the waypoint-menu althought the guidance is alredy started in background. But i have to go back to see the map and the active guide.
I hope thats help and is possible to change.

By the way, the Gold-Version is already mine. :-)
  •  

Menion

We had just with Petr improved detection of the Pro version, so it should be working correctly in the next version (I'll try to prepare it today). If the next version still does not offer a discount, it is definitely really wrong so please write me.

@freischneider
app manual: ah, then it is correct. On top, you see "locusmap.app" domain. Michal just does not had yet enough time to rewrite and create screenshots for all pages. It will be done during the next months ...

icons: weird, I tried my Pixel2 device and two emulators and I'm unable to see icons with weird white borders like you  :-\

@drumpldeer
ah, this button. Thanks, fixed!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
today on my short geocache trip i´ve logged my founds offline as usual ;)
Back home i finished text and add foto from device gallery to the log and confirm.
These Fotos are neither visible inside log on device nor uploadet to GS
Locus Map Classic 3.63.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.12.2.5 Gold AFA
LMP User ID 7ee4dad32
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on March 24, 2021, 11:13:58
We had just with Petr improved detection of the Pro version, so it should be working correctly in the next version (I'll try to prepare it today). If the next version still does not offer a discount, it is definitely really wrong so please write me.

@freischneider
app manual: ah, then it is correct. On top, you see "locusmap.app" domain. Michal just does not had yet enough time to rewrite and create screenshots for all pages. It will be done during the next months ...

icons: weird, I tried my Pixel2 device and two emulators and I'm unable to see icons with weird white borders like you  :-\

@drumpldeer
ah, this button. Thanks, fixed!

No problem for me. But for which ones who don't know anything about LM4 or are completely new? For the start on April 1st. the main screen and the map content panel would be quite useful. And a note in bright color, so that the manual has not yet been completely adapted for LM4.
Symbols is not a problem ... I'll watch it and get back to you at a later date if necessary. Now other things are important.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 12
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 64fc904a8  (Devices-ID)
  •  

Jochen

@Menion: There was a new Locus Pro Version displayed in Google Playstore. After installing it, the problem stays the same.
I think, that your fix comes with the new LM4 Beta? I'm sorry for you and for your team, that it does not work as expected.

Kind regards

Jochen
  •  

Saturo

What I like don´t like about LM is the new geocache view. Where do I find the pictures? Where are the waypoints? For me definitely a reason not to switch to LM4.
  •