temporary path Solved

Started by fredf, December 26, 2012, 22:31:55

fredf

I am going around in circles on this one.
I attempt to create a track/route by placing waypoints with ¨Add new route¨ on map (MapQuest live). I then >  Compute > add category > press checkmark and get only a point to point ¨Temporary Path¨. I have no idea on how to use that path, how to make it an on-road route nor how to delete it (can delete in Data/Tracks but lines and points stay on map.
Thanks in advance.
  •  

tommi

You didn't create any categories up to now?
There could be a problem (I can't reproduce that because I have several categories :)).

Create a category in advance creating a new route: Locus Menu > Data > Tab TRACKS > The clipboard + button in the top line.

Did this help?
  •  

fredf

Thanks for the reply  tommi62! By the way your tutorials are excellent!
Yes I see the need now to put routes/tracks in catagories.
But I am still ending up with tracks on the map where there is no corresponding info in Data. An example is if I Add a New Route > place waypoints > ¨working¨ > Compute route > Cycle > Guide on > get navigation screen. But then I want to start over so how can I clean lines/points off the map? Sometimes I get a tool box (how?) on the left side of the map that allows point removal but only one at a time.
  •  

tommi

There are (at least?) 3 ways to disable display of tracks/navigation routes:
a) Tap on a point of the track (the way how you got the button bar on the left) and then there should be 2! tools buttons visible. Tap the one on the lower horizontal panel and there is a selection "Hide".
b) Go to  Locus Menu > Data > Tab TRACKS > (the category which contains the track) > and remove the blue tick for the track
c) Add the button "Visibility of items" to the right panel, tap on it and remove the tick from "Tracks"

Enough?
  •  

berkley

Tommi, for reproducing or testing something with empty databases you simply need to rename the database folder to "/Locus/data/MYdatabase/". Locus creates a new database system because the original folder "/Locus/data/database/" isn't there. After testing, simply delete the new database folder and rename the old one to its original name.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "berkley"Tommi, for reproducing or testing something with empty databases you simply need to rename the database folder to "/Locus/data/MYdatabase/". Locus creates a new database system because the original folder "/Locus/data/database/" isn't there. After testing, simply delete the new database folder and rename the old one to its original name.
Thanks, but actually I see this more a task for the developer :)
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "fredf"Thanks for the reply  tommi62! By the way your tutorials are excellent!
Yes I see the need now to put routes/tracks in catagories.
But I am still ending up with tracks on the map where there is no corresponding info in Data. An example is if I Add a New Route > place waypoints > ¨working¨ > Compute route > Cycle > Guide on > get navigation screen. But then I want to start over so how can I clean lines/points off the map? Sometimes I get a tool box (how?) on the left side of the map that allows point removal but only one at a time.

Hello Fredf,
  everytime you tap on any track on map, you should see panel at bottom (with functions related to track) and panel on left side (functions more related to single point). And in bottom panel is also button for hiding or deleting track. This is probably what you're looking for
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fredf

That helps a lot. Thanks everyone.
  •