Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

dyoghenes

Quote from: Menion on March 15, 2021, 09:02:20
Why you would like to attach existing points (LoPoints) to track during track recording?

It's not a necessity, and I didn't mean it during track recording, even after that. In the waypoints tab I can add my points to a track I recorded, but I can't add LoPoints? If this is intended, then alright. :)
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
I know, but it is a little bit different. If you will have both maps V4, then change in theme change both base & overlay maps. I got your point, just need to wait on the shot from above, how to do it correctly.

Let's look at the blend modes later.

@0709
ah, this GIF is animated. Did not noticed because even my desktop image viewer displays only static image. In this case, it is also ok, animated GIFs are not supported in the "Picasso" library I use in the app.

Pro vs LM4 > no need to update, stay with the Pro, it is a perfectly OK solution!

@dyoghenes
Can't say it is intent. Better, I've never thought about this and you are the first who ask  :).
I do not know what to think about it now. There are many votes for improvements in how waypoints in tracks work. So maybe when I'll start work on this task, what you need will became reality as a side effect.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Buy LoCoins -> 404

Menion, is there a reason why Maps aren't part of the preset system? Would be useful IMO.
For best possible area overview I wanted to create a preset with the wonderful Asamm hike+bike map. But otherwise I use osm based vector maps + themes.

Please allow to download lomaps hike+bike just like we can download other online maps!

Edit: aargh, just realized, vectormap + internal hike+bike theme is the same. But "hike+bike" theme can only be used with a v3 map?
Oh, I realized lomaps are V3. 😔
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on March 16, 2021, 09:41:27
Menion, is there a reason why Maps aren't part of the preset system? Would be useful IMO.
For best possible area overview I wanted to create a preset with the wonderful Asamm hike+bike map. But otherwise I use osm based vector maps + themes.
I second that. As I remember, Menion wanted to not overstuff the preset system. I also think that being able to chose a Map theme, but not a Map, is inconsistent. I assume the reason here is that themes can be used anywhere, but map may not be available for the current position. But so what, then the user has to pan, no big deal...
I would like to add Map Overlays, too. This is even more of a case for presets: While maps are just a single selection, overlays have several parameters (which one, alpha, blend mode), which is a pain to select each time. Would be great to have presets for your favorite overlays with the perfect settings.

Tapio

"As I remember, Menion wanted to not overstuff the preset system."

Wrong thinking 😁 IMO the preset system should be overstuffed. We use it to batch apply settings. To avoid to visit specific settings. I love to use presets and I totally dislike having to set map or theme manually...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on March 16, 2021, 11:10:43
"As I remember, Menion wanted to not overstuff the preset system."

Wrong thinking 😁 IMO the preset system should be overstuffed. We use it to batch apply settings. To avoid to visit specific settings. I love to use presets and I totally dislike having to set map or theme manually...
I'm all with you here :)

flyingman_ch

When I zoom in the map with two fingers, it usually sets an unwanted point.
  •  

john_percy

+1
The "long tap" detection seems to be too sensitive

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: flyingman_ch on March 16, 2021, 15:18:10
When I zoom in the map with two fingers, it usually sets an unwanted point.
I recently started to experience this, too. Not always, but sometimes.
  •  

balloni55

Two weeks ago I had successfully dropped this TB "MUUMELI" while offline loging.
In the meantime I have logged 13 more caches offline where the TB's were logged correctly in my inventory (Dropped/took it to)
Today this TB appears again in locus ??? and blocks the logging of the TB's
Question:
- how does this happen
- how can I remove this TB from locus
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

joeloc

Your notifications are really weird... restored somehow by the system long after Locus was quit... hanging around forever and being dead to tapping. I know you blame Samsung... but many people use Samsung... so maybe try to work around it before release to prevent complaints? It's really strange... can't remember Locus Pro doing this, but that was many OS updates ago.
  •  

Menion

@tapio
maps in presets > well, it still does not make perfect sense to me. Maps are content, like points and tracks, and such items are not currently supported by presets. Presets for overlays as mentioned by @slarti76 > ah guys, you complicate me a life  :D. In the case of presets, I would rather vote for something directly implemented in the "map overlay" dialog.

@flyingman_ch , @john_percy, @slarti76
hmm, nothing has changed in the code here. Isn't map lagging for you or any heavy active task in process (in your device, app navigation, ?)

@balloni55
I already helped few people with similar problems, but I was never able to simulate it yet  :-\.
The solution is usually the "Discard" button in the screen with the mentioned problem (top left button). Once, weather will be better here, I promise I'll try to test it more in the field.
Give it a try and let me know if it helps.

@joeloc
I do not directly blame Samsung here. Btw. are you using official ROM? It looks more like a problem in the app. I just do not have a single idea how this may happen. Because you are still suffering by some random crashes and app dying, it will most probably be connected to this.

Still, no other user reported these problems. Any log or description does not help here. The app is close to release so sorry, I'll have to wait two/three weeks if more people write about this. If not, I have currently no idea how to solve this issue ... and if yes, my Pixel2 is close to replacing it, so Samsung, because of many problems that Samsung devices have, is a good adept.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

@Menion
Long tap sensitivity is not due to any map lag. Map is slow to load now but once initialised it draws pretty quickly. It's just that when I am moving or zooming it, the pop up point panel appears because the so interprets this as a long tap. That didn't used to happen.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

QuoteThe solution is usually the "Discard" button in the screen with the mentioned problem (top left button). Once, weather will be better here
thanks, after the 3rd attempt click down left button my inventory is up to date :D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: john_percy on March 17, 2021, 13:00:34
@Menion
Long tap sensitivity is not due to any map lag. Map is slow to load now but once initialised it draws pretty quickly. It's just that when I am moving or zooming it, the pop up point panel appears because the so interprets this as a long tap. That didn't used to happen.

I already had that inadvertently opening points. But I'm not sure if that happens when moving or when zooming
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •