Bluetooth connection broken

Started by Joska, May 01, 2024, 21:27:44

Joska

Hi
I'm using LM since years. With my last phone, I got a lot of problems connection to my car-radio an lost the lte-connection a lot of times. So I'd bought a new phone, Samsung Galaxy A55.

The above written problems are gone, but a new one occured. The BT-connection from phone to watch is interrupted every time, I start LM on Samsung galaxyy watch.

other BT-connection aren't disturbed.

If I start a tracking-session, the connection to watch is established again and further interaction between watch and phone are well.

Next day, the problem occurs again.

Any hint, how to get ot the raeson? Any known problem?

Joska
---
  •  

Menion

Hi Joska,
I`m worried, this one won`t be solvable on my side :-\.

Add-on for Android Wear does not work with the Bluetooth directly, but instead uses internal Android API for it. This internal library then does the hard work ... the communication between devices.

I of course understand that this issue happens only when you start than Locus Map app, so it has to be somehow connected, but I have absolutely not idea how to detect the real reason, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Joska

Joska

Hello Menion
That's okay, not to know the reason, but probably somebody knows.

It is not my first phone, using with galaxy watch, but for the first time, the problem occurs.
Maybe, it is a special "feature" of my A55.

The dialog on the watch says, "bt-connection is broken", but the information in bt-menu of the phone, says, it's okay.

So, for exampke, somebody has a cristall idea, how to debug.
Regards, Joska
---
  •  

Joska

Hi Menion

one more info on this issue; the problem seems to be starting LM on the phone after the track has been started on the watch.

If I start LM before starting the track on the watch, no bt-connetion-error occurs.

Maybe this is important information to solve the problem. I think it could be authorization between the apps/devices involved.

Hallo Menion

noch eine Information zu dieser Sache; das Problem scheint zu sein, LM auf dem Telefon zu starten, nachdem der Track auf der Uhr gestartet wurde.

Wenn ich LM vor dem Start des Tracks auf der Uhr starte, tritt kein bt-connetion-error auf.

Vielleicht ist dies eine wichtige Information, um das Problem zu lösen. Ich denke, es könnte sich um Berechtigung zwischen den beteiligten Apps/Geräten handeln.
---
  •  

Joska

May, I found the reason. Although I did the same procedure of installation, this time, the authorizon for battery optimization seemd to be a (the one) reason.

After manual change of battery optimization (->forbidden), the connection was established well. Never did this in the first hour after installation :-)

Maybe it's a useful example for some further unhappy users  ;)

---
  •  

Menion

Battery optimization cause this? Damn, again.

Thanks for the info, I'm forwarding this info to @Michal , who usually helps users with similar troubles.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •