Main Menu

Recent posts

Troubles & Questions / Re: Significant Battery Drain ...
Last post by Wole - Today at 16:47:28
I also use the Samsung S 21 Ultra with Android 14 and Locus Gold. Wenn I use all the time GPS, Bluetooth and full
brightness, my battery looses also about 25 % in a hour. So far as I can remember it has been the same with Android 12 and 13.
A jen teda pro upřesnění ... používáš interní řešení Locusu Map, tedy Live mapa přes levý vysunovací panel "Obsah obrazovky"? Pokud přes add-on Geocaching4Locus (z Google Play), ten není pod naší kontrolou a doporučuji právě už to naše nativní řešení ...
Locus Map / Re: [APP] - version 4.23.+ ( 0...
Last post by Menion - Today at 12:59:07
@balloni55
thanks for the log, I think I've found something ... try the next version please (probably the final public next week), thanks!
Ahoj,
díky za reakci!

Zkusil jsem tu beta verzi (4.23.1.6 BETA) a bohužel problém přetrvává, se stejnými projevy :-(
Quote from: Graf Geo on Yesterday at 11:21:07Opět platí, že keše stahovat nemusíte. Zapněte živou mapu, jednou přesuňte/zvětšete mapu nad celou plánovanou trasu tak, aby se v oblasti zobrazily všechny keše. Ty zůstanou jako dočasné prvky a spustí upozornění na POI, i když je obrazovka vypnutá.  :) 

Teprve když dočasné prvky aktivně odstraníte (ikona oka) nebo zavřete Locus, opět zmizí.

Děkuji. Nicméně stále nejsem nejsem schopná si to nastavit. Živou mapu mám zapnutou, keše v dané oblasti načtené (jsou vidět na mapě). Ale když si spustím upozornění na body, není tam nikde volba upozorňovat na keše ze živé mapy. Mohu vybírat pouze z dtb bodů stažených v Locusu. Neumím se dostat k těm "dočasným prvkům", o kterých píšete.
Zdravím,

příští týden půjde ven nová verze kde jsou nějaké věci kolem geocachingu opraveny, tak zkus. Případně v mém podpisu je link na Google Drive na stažení APK beta verze, tak lze vykoušet poslední Beta verzi.
App version 4.14.3? The device in the description "Motorola Xoom"? Please first confirm you are not a spambot.

Then please describe what services are running in the app when such high battery usage may be visible. Just visible map and active GPS or also for example track recording etc? What about these tips, make any change?
Hi selfishchalk,
you should report this to the help desk rather than the form.
They will guide you to take detail logs e.g. to look "under the hood".
20-30%/h is EXTREME (I never read of such in my Locus history since 2012), so there should be a "smoking gun".
Cheers
Michael
sorry to read your problem
I recently added a Samsung A73 with Android 14 to the existing collection of A5 Android 8 phones and have not had your problem. I do current (amps) logging to CSV file every 2m & would notice any changes. sorry I can't help further.
Hi everyone,

I've been a loyal user of Locus Map for several years and appreciate its comprehensive features for outdoor navigation and mapping. However, since upgrading to Android 13, I've noticed a significant battery drain when using the app. Before the upgrade, I could use Locus Map for hours without any noticeable battery issues. Now, even short sessions seem to drain my battery rapidly.

Device Details:

- Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S21
- OS Version: Android 13
- Locus Map Version: 4.14.3 (latest as of this post)
Symptoms:

- Rapid Battery Drain: The battery drops by 20-30% within an hour of use.
- Phone Heating: The phone gets noticeably warm even with basic functions like map viewing and route planning.
- Background Activity: Locus Map seems to consume power even when not actively in use.
Troubleshooting Steps I've Tried:

- Clearing Cache and Data: Cleared the app cache and data, but the problem persists.
- Reinstalling the App: Uninstalled and reinstalled Locus Map.
- Battery Optimization: Ensured that Locus Map is not restricted by the phone's battery optimization settings.
- Checking Permissions: Verified that the app has necessary permissions without any unnecessary ones.
- Monitoring with Battery Apps: Used AccuBattery to monitor usage, confirming that Locus Map is the culprit.
Has anyone else experienced significant battery drain with Locus Map after upgrading to Android 13, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
selfishchalk