how to display distance to next waypoint in dashboard

Started by tobser, April 30, 2024, 21:32:01

tobser

Hello everyone
I am currently on a multi-day bike tour that covers a total of around 300 km. Now I want to mark the individual stage destinations as waypoints so that I can then see the actual kilometers left to travel to the next waypoint on the dashboard. Unfortunately
this only works as a straight line distance, not as the actual distance to the next waypoint along the marked track. What is the correct way to go here? I haven't figured it out yet. I would really appreciate any tips you can give me.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
hmm simple and useful idea, but no simple method in the app ...  ::)

What I would do, is to split this long route into separate smaller routes, one for every day and using the navigation (or simply guidance) to let the app navigate along. Then, values from the navigation are visible on the screen or may be used in the dashboard.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tobser

Thanks for your answer, Menion. I've already considered that, but the individual routes often vary depending on my mood. In other words, I don't know in the morning how far I'll get in the evening or when my muscles will run out of strength. That way I'd have important milestones on the route, with the current distance to the location, that would be great. Is there anything new about displaying the range and battery level of the Bosch Performance-line CX motor (like in the Bosch Flow app) in the Locus dashboard? I think a lot of people would welcome that, as this is the most widely used e-bike system.

Henk van der Spek

I would like this too. Currently we are on the Slovenian Juliana trail of some 250 km. The supplied gpx shows also 16 suggested daytrips/stops as points.
We always use guidance and that offcourse shows distance to the final point and not the day's endpoint.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g82 5G met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Agus

The analyser can be used to determine the distance between two selected points. For example from your position to the next stop or any other point.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Good suggestion. For orientation it would be helpfull if the analyzer mapview showed my active points in the visible area.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g82 5G met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •