[APP] - version 3.21.x (21. 12. 2016+)

Started by Menion, December 21, 2016, 15:04:04

Menion

Heh, do you found ads in tapatalk really enoying like I found? I've today updated tapatalk plugin for this forum as it complained that it's quite old and well, I've found new button ... "disable ads". And it seems to work, nice :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on December 23, 2016, 10:47:55
I wasn't checking your screenshots precisely. Now seems that on second screenshot, Locus has enabled guidance to some point that is really far away
@menion - nice observation - I missed that too. Very interesting. When I see that live Guidance mode again I'll take more notice. Below is reconstructed map zoomed out to show 2 via points and final point. That guidance line seems to be pointing to either via points or final point - I added black line in approximate direction to explain. Any other suggestion I can help report?

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on December 24, 2016, 17:41:51
@Menion@Andrew.
Not 100% sure but maybe next suggestion will help ?
Locus, on any navigation track, should promote the Start Point to be a Priority Point. So not a "Navigation Point Straight" as in actual versions. I only have the most positive experience by (manually) adding the Start point to be a  Priority Point.
I performed start of navigation sequence 3 times yesterday, trying to reproduce the problem. But each time it worked properly. @0709 I use navigation settings: auto-recalculation:off, strict route following:off. I don't think Priority Point will help with this combination?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
I did not do a systematic check, but still have the impression that rendering of labels is unpredictable. Even display=always does not help.
Mapsforge, however, has solved the problem, and you can see the impressive result in Cruiser.
In advanced settings go for "Separate" rendering. No missed labels anymore.
I think there is more than one reson you might want to have a 1:1 conversation with Emux ...
Have a nice Xmas break first of all
Michael
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 25, 2016, 10:47:55Mapsforge, however, has solved the problem
I don't know where the rest of this conversation is, but it gives me hope.  I would LOVE for major labels (eg a city) to not disappear at certain zooms, especially when I'm lost over the map and trying to *find* that city.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: john_percy

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on December 25, 2016, 18:11:42
I would LOVE for major labels (eg a city) to not disappear at certain zooms, especially when I'm lost over the map and trying to *find* that city.
+1
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: john_percy

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on December 25, 2016, 21:02:14
@ Andrew. Your combination set up in use probably should not show an improvement.
@0709 - I wasn't expecting improvement, I was just reporting that problem is difficult to reproduce, 3 times OK, 1 time NOK. I did finally notice the auto-toggling between navigation and guiding modes, but I didn't have map zoomed out far enough (yet) to see where the far away guiding point was located. I suspect it is guiding towards the finish point instead of start point.
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold: if we talk about labels in vector maps then yes, I may confirm that they are not working on 100%

@Andrew Heard, @0709 ., I'm sorry, I'm still also unable to reproduce a problem with start of navigation, which means no way to fix it.
  •  

john_percy

Search options are not all displayed now. Despite being in full screen mode, the soft buttons bar appears and make the bottom of the options menu, which will not scroll far enough. Phone: MotoG.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

john_percy

That's after tap and move as far as it can go up. The problem is linked to the soft button bar appearing at the bottom.
  •  

Menion

Ah it's coming ... last night of year :). Well, it's ... sixth year since start of our work on Locus Map, nice. To be true, I'm often surprised, that You all had enough patience to stay active and nice to me and others, for all these years. You have my big thanks, because no matter what some of you something think (like "he never do important topics from help desk" or "he lives in lowland area only" etc. :) ), your support and feedback has really major influence on app itself. Without you, I should probably already work in some software company where after eight hour of work, tradááá home with clear head :).

Anyway, Thanks! and see You all next year. I have partially done a few interesting things, but none is finished, so I hope, this year will be good for some completion ...

@john_percy : John I'm sorry, it is one of many smaller issues that Locus has with "full screen" mode. Even after all these years, I was not able to find out how to solve it ..

john_percy

@menion: can you make the menu scroll further than (apparently) necessary to give margin for this sort of thing?
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on December 31, 2016, 17:02:37
Anyway, Thanks! and see You all next year. I have partially done a few interesting things, but none is finished, so I hope, this year will be good for some completion ...
I don't know of any other Android app that has such great developers. Best wishes for 2017.
  •  

zossebart

Also great wishes for 2017 for menion and his team! Keep up the great work!
Btw.: nice fireworks in Prague this night! 😀 Did you see it also, menion?
  •  

erfi

Have a good new year menion! Many thanks to you and your team and at all Locus-friends, especially Arndt (Brouter), Christian und Tobias (openandromaps)! This ist a wonderful and exceptional project! Best regards from Berlin!
  •