[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

sbouju

Quote from: luce on March 30, 2021, 15:43:10
Maybe this could be what you mean...

Thank you, and yes, this is a way... but only for recently *planned* destination, I fear!   ;)
  •  

Tapio

LM4 USER ID: 1AACAFF2A2
My "Tasker vs. Locus" YouTube playlist: http://tiny.cc/LocusVsTasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

starka

pushing the map, visible lags. with older version v3 everything is ok
  •  

Menion

@tapio
thanks

@starka
more info needed. I did not notice any un-usual lags.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download
  •  

voldapet

@lor74cas
The offline LoMaps in LM4 are the same as used to be in LM3. The incorrect priority or wrap of text labels is a quite an old issue - still not ideal. The size of the text should represent the priority of the POIs - we can discuss it, but probably in a separate topic :)

The online LoMaps are updated continuously, let say about every 10 days. The offline every 2 - 3 months

zossebart

Hey,

first, congratulations for the new version! great (and much) work!
Immediately signed gold last week. Finally a way to give at least something back to you guys, you are doing great work! I tried to buy some locoins from time to time in the old version to support you a little bit, (and get new lomaps with the pois), but now with the subscription I feel better, because I cannot forget it :-)

I have a question regarding migration from pro to 4. I did a full Backup in pro and imported it to 4. What else exactly do I have to do to fully migrate?
- change default directories from "menion.android.locus.pro" to the "menion.android.locus" - subfolders
- copy over all those folders (maps?, mapsOnline?, Mapsvector?, srtm?, MapItems?, router?, config.cfg?). or are some of them included in the backup? I'm a little bit confused
- change all the package names for intentents in my tasker task from "menion.android.locus.pro" to "menion.android.locus"?
- what else did I miss?
  •  

freischneider

#21
Quote from: voldapet on March 30, 2021, 21:37:30
@lor74cas
The offline LoMaps in LM4 are the same as used to be in LM3. The incorrect priority or wrap of text labels is a quite an old issue - still not ideal. The size of the text should represent the priority of the POIs - we can discuss it, but probably in a separate topic :)

The online LoMaps are updated continuously, let say about every 10 days. The offline every 2 - 3 months
The online LoMaps are updated every 10 days. I assume the LoPoi also every 10 days?

That could then also be mentioned in the new operating instructions. Then the question won't come up that often in the future.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 12
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 64fc904a8  (Devices-ID)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

freischneider

Quote from: zossebart on March 31, 2021, 07:00:27
Hey,

first, congratulations for the new version! great (and much) work!
Immediately signed gold last week. Finally a way to give at least something back to you guys, you are doing great work! I tried to buy some locoins from time to time in the old version to support you a little bit, (and get new lomaps with the pois), but now with the subscription I feel better, because I cannot forget it :-)

I have a question regarding migration from pro to 4. I did a full Backup in pro and imported it to 4. What else exactly do I have to do to fully migrate?
- change default directories from "menion.android.locus.pro" to the "menion.android.locus" - subfolders
- copy over all those folders (maps?, mapsOnline?, Mapsvector?, srtm?, MapItems?, router?, config.cfg?). or are some of them included in the backup? I'm a little bit confused
- change all the package names for intentents in my tasker task from "menion.android.locus.pro" to "menion.android.locus"?
- what else did I miss?
I also have questions. We did migration from Pro to LM4 once. But also moving to a new phone.
Since then, the backup has only included points and tracks and some settings.
Attached images were missing in separate points. Subsequently attached images in geocache. Log images. Icons?
???
Instructions on what is saved automatically would be very helpful. Also what exactly needs to be considered when moving to a new phone. What is important here is what is included in the backup and what has to be moved manually.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 12
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 64fc904a8  (Devices-ID)
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: freischneider on March 31, 2021, 07:12:39
The online LoMaps are updated every 10 days. I assume the LoPoi also every 10 days?

That could then also be mentioned in the new operating instructions. Then the question won't come up that often in the future.

Good point.
If I had found the information on the locus store on the map page I would not have asked. I think it is useful information for those who buy and for those who want to know how often updates take place.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
Geocaching4Locus
  •  

Doggy

Dark centering icon in left-handed mode.  Merging icon.
  •  

Menion

@zossebart
thanks, this is nice from you!

Migration: depend on where you have data. It is generally very close to installing the app on the new device. If you have data at the root of your internal memory, only backup & restore of settings is useful. Otherwise, you have to copy data manually to the app's private directory.

Probably best is to just use LM4 and if all will work, nothing is missing ;).

@freischneider
questions that come often on our help desk are then added to some FAQ etc. Anyway agree, this may be useful, I'll inform Michal about it.

Btw. because LoPoints are under our full control (compare to LoMaps), they are currently updated 2x a week. Same with offline LoRouter data.

Migration to the new phone: as wrote in mentioned link.
Anyway most easy from my point of view:
- copy whole Locus directory to the new device
- do only a backup of settings > restore on the second device

That's all.

@Doggy
ah thanks, fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download
  •  

luce

Quote from: sbouju on March 30, 2021, 17:28:16

Thank you, and yes, this is a way... but only for recently *planned* destination, I fear!   ;)

You are right, that's not exactly what you where looking for... Understand... But hope it helps a bit :)
  •  

sbouju

I am testing Locus live tracking.

When I share a link from my tracking with another person, they have several possible choices to follow me on their smartphone, after clicking on the sharing link: among the applications offered for this tracking, there is in particular Chrome, where the tracking works very well, but also Locus Map himself, where unfortunately there is no detectable tracking.

Is this an error in the Android proposal? A future function not yet implemented? A setting to be made ...?
  •  

haudek

Hello,

Android 10 with dark mode

1. Black icons on a dark background in the main menu.



2. Filter in the Locus Store.
2a. Black icons (some)
2b. The word "Maps" and some of the labels below are untranslated. It's a bit strange, because the Polish translation is 100% ready.

  •  

T-mo

short feedback: after trying several times with each LM4 RCs and drop in vibrations, LM4 final made LocusStore and subscription working. Hallelujah!
Must have been some sort of Easter egg ;) :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion