Main Menu

Recent posts

Locus Map / Re: [APP] - version 4.23.+ ( 0...
Last post by Andrew Heard - Today at 16:35:26
Quote from: Graf Geo on Today at 11:30:18It would be good to have a settings menu similar to the point alert (see screenshot). There you can enable the function and also set the type of notification (sound, beep, text-to-speech). 
perfect

more testing: pause recording, disable satellite, ..., resume recording - immediate incorrect message instead waiting for satellite to be enabled.
Last post by TrulloF - Today at 13:48:22
There is still the long standing bug present, that if you zoom a vector map in and out quite often, the theme kind of gets drawn multiple times, making it look darker than it should. Happens with all themes, even built in ones. It affects mainly wood areas for me, but also other solid and opaque colours, but not textures.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
After I recently had to reinstall Locus, I realised that my audio coaches and quick new points were not included in the backup and I had to create them all again.

I only have a few audio coaches, so that was done quickly. But I have a lot of quick new points for various use cases, so it was a bit of a pain to create them all again.

EDIT: I have just seen in the backup settings that Audio Coach and Quick new points should be included in the backup. The option "Settings" was definitely activated and everything was activated when the backup was imported. However, my audio coaches and quick new points were not there afterwards (all other settings have been restored correctly).

Perhaps there is a problem with the backup function?
Last post by Graf Geo - Today at 11:30:18
New function "Notification on invalid pause and pending recording states":

Hello Menion, even though I am not a friend of the new function, I would have a few suggestions for improvement if this function is to be included in the next stable version:

It would be good to have a settings menu similar to the point alert (see screenshot). There you can enable the function and also set the type of notification (sound, beep, text-to-speech).

I don't think the current visual notification (orange-coloured message box) is ideal because it usually indicates errors or problems. Perhaps it would be easiest to open the screen automatically and display the track recording panel, where the three large buttons "stop", "pause" and "add point" can be seen at the bottom. Then you can quickly press the desired button (screenshot 2).

But these are only suggestions.
Last post by Andrew Heard - Today at 08:54:52
Quote from: Graf Geo on Yesterday at 12:18:32and after about a minute the announcement comes on
@menion can you please explain a little bit more about this new feature? I have read the suggestion webpage) and like the general idea because I've sometimes been in the same situation of pausing then riding on & forgetting to unpause. And because I try to have the display mostly off I don't notice the orange icon anyway (even if large & in the middle of screen). I have LM4 notifications disabled but 4 times yesterday while using LM for navigation & track recording I hear this voice... I had no idea what it was about until I read various comments here (thanks others) (PS. & now reading help suggestion I very much like the idea & was going to suggest years ago). Should TTS be enabled if notifications are disabled? Maybe the TTS first says "Locus Map..."?

Sorry for the muddled comment.
Hallo,

da mein Samsung bereits bei etwas Wärme den Bildschirm abdunkelt  >:( und somit im Sommer nicht mit LM nutzbar ist suche ich eine Alternative.
Dabei bin ich auf das "Redmi note 13 4g" gestoßen, was man schon für 150€ bekommt und sehr hell sein soll.
Ich würde es gerne als reines Navi mit LM4 einsetzen (Fahrrad und Wandern).
Nun meine Frage:
Hat jemand Erfahrung mit dem Note 13 und kann mir sagen ob dieses bei Sonneneinstrahlung auch abdunkelt.
Danke
Stefan
Troubles & Questions / Navigate an imported route
Last post by JaySal - Yesterday at 23:23:32
Hello, I recently started trying to use Locus after using other apps before and I generally like to plan a route using MyRouteApp and then export it and import into Locus, I can't figure out how to start navigating the route. I click on its on the map and it come up with all the data about elevation and stuff but there doesn't seam to be a button/symbol which simply starts the navigation so you get route guidance like any other program. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jay
Troubles & Questions / Re: Decimals on Tracks
Last post by apbw - Yesterday at 13:01:43
Is there a other possibility to see the real distance (with decimals) following the track (not the air-line distance) from the current location to a selected POI?
Last post by Graf Geo - Yesterday at 12:18:32
Once again about the new function "Notification on invalid pause and pending recording states":

I tested it outside this morning and it's as annoying as I feared. I stop and after about a minute the announcement comes on. Do I now have to listen to it every time I have to wait a little longer at a traffic light, meet a friend on the road and want to have a quick chat, read an information board or need a quick wee? :)

Please NO! I urgently want to get rid of it or be able to deactivate it.