navigation street names voice anouncement

Started by ReinhardM, July 08, 2022, 20:52:38

ReinhardM

I remember that in the past in navigation mode the street names where announced by voice (not sure whether I was using Locus classic back then,  though).
Now I do not succeed in making it work again. The street names are shown in the Itinerary. I use LoMaps and LoRouter offline or online, google.android.tts with language German.
Was the feature (announcement of street names by voice) removed? Or how can I make it work again?

Regards
Reinhard
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ReinhardM

The street names are shown on the display, when using loRouter also. My problem is, that they are not spoken (for example: "turn into Hauptstraße"). As I got it working once before.
Would be useful for navigating without screen, voice only.

I am not sure, whether it is a bug that it does no longer work, or it was removed, or it only worked in classic, or  that I have a false memory that it once worked.

•  

john_percy

Were you perhaps using GraphHopper in the past? (Based on my memory)

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Hi, interesting, I do not remember this was ever possible :).

Anyway as I look at it, reading street names is doable. Hmm, is it really useful for hike&bike? For car navigation why not ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Henk van der Spek

For hike and bike you have at low speed enough time to see the name sign in the field for confirmation. For cars it is useless for me.  The first thing I kill in Google Maps.
Have you ever driven a car through a busy Italian city with your Navi reading out long street names in a language you do not understand? :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g82 5G met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •