exporting photos as KML

Started by desertfun, December 24, 2011, 20:59:02

desertfun

Does anyone know how to export your photographs as KML icons with the attributes recorded in the field.  I use the feature 'add point from camera' to take the photograph and then add some information in the description.  However, when I export the waypoints, only the title of photo waypoint is exported as a KML point with no photo icon.  I have to go to the photo database to retrieve the geo-referenced photograph. Does anyone know how to export photographs taken as 'add point from camera' as KML photo icons?  Thank you.
  •  

Flyrite

Quote from: "desertfun"Does anyone know how to export your photographs as KML icons with the attributes recorded in the field.  I use the feature 'add point from camera' to take the photograph and then add some information in the description.  However, when I export the waypoints, only the title of photo waypoint is exported as a KML point with no photo icon.  I have to go to the photo database to retrieve the geo-referenced photograph. Does anyone know how to export photographs taken as 'add point from camera' as KML photo icons?  Thank you.

I have a similar problem.  I too use the photograph function.  When you export the waypoints, the photos are stored in a directory with the same name as the exported KML file.  When I load the KML on my desktop Google earth directly form the phones SD card (connected to the PC via USB cable), the photos are visible in Google Earth.  However, when I copy the KML and the appropriately named photo directly to my desktop, and load the KML file form the desktop, the photos are no longer displayed in Google Earth.  Any one else have a similar experience?

Thanks,

Tony
  •