New Locus Map (4) version

Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
27. 9. 2023 - Locus 4.19.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Hide track after track recording is what I always needed, but I think was hesitant to ask.
I auto record via intent and don't need to see such tracks on map.
Many thx
EDIT: IT IS BROKEN. The setting applies to all existing recording profiles, not individually.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I think that with a new feature to hide the route after storage, there would be a better name in Czech: "Save and Hide". It is now called: "Save and View". This is confusing because the route is already displayed before saving. Or at least edit the name to: "Save and View Details"
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

Is the "reversed mileage marks" related to my suggestion https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30858-display-distance-markers-in-reverse?
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.23.1.3 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 29, 2023, 00:06:58Is the "reversed mileage marks" related to my suggestion https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30858-display-distance-markers-in-reverse?
You cannot view this attachment.
Oh, seems so, nice feature! IMO the implementation is perfect. Just reverse, no additional option.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

balloni55

inside settings of geotagged photos there are some predefined ??? folders, but no option to add "+button" and "3dot button" to remove folders
Locus Map 4.23.1.3 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@Tapio
omg, also "Auto save" was applied to all profiles, damn. Thanks a lot!!

@Žajdlík Josef
I wanted to make this setting "positive". So it is enabled by default and makes the track visible after saving. Anyway, I'll discuss with @Michal the update in the label.

@balloni55
Missing options in geotagged photos are correct. The app is no longer able to read photos from user-defined locations on the Android 11+. As I see in the code, with the AFA version, this should still be available. Testing .. confirmed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 29, 2023, 00:06:58Is the "reversed mileage marks" related to my suggestion
unfortunately not related to my suggestion though, although I accept the reason.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAs I see in the code, with the AFA version, this should still be available.
exactly in the V 3.70.1 it is available
Locus Map 4.23.1.3 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

I had 3 crashes on vacation with the new version. But have no crash report.
It always during navigation. The first time the screen was off. Since no turn-by-turn directions came I turned the screen on to look. The screen wr like frozen and then Locus restarted. Then I noticed at the recording so that it has already stopped recording 10 min. before. So it froze in the background (screen off).
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

I have the feeling that the map construction has become slower. Especially when moving. Maybe it's related to the new option.
add: (expert) option to make map movement smoother, topic

Which item is it in the expert settings. Haven't found anything in a hurry ?
Poco F5, Android 13 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version or Beta)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: freischneider on October 03, 2023, 13:09:30I had 3 crashes on vacation with the new version. But have no crash report.
It always during navigation. The first time the screen was off. Since no turn-by-turn directions came I turned the screen on to look. The screen wr like frozen and then Locus restarted. Then I noticed at the recording so that it has already stopped recording 10 min. before. So it froze in the background (screen off).

I had the same problem yesterday ... during recording and navigating.
No more move was possible ... and system asks to stop or wait for a non reacting process.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on October 03, 2023, 13:15:58Which item is it in the expert settings. Haven't found anything in a hurry ?
"Fluent movement" in the english translation.

michaelbechtold

"Smooth movement" maybe a better zerm - native speakers, pls. advise :_)
  •  

Andrew Heard

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion