Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

locus.sv@heime.org

The video shows that Locus is not able to draw the map properly if "detail (low zoom)" is turned off.

I am using a wms background map and a V4 vector map with the Voluntary UK theme as an overlay.

https://send.firefox.com/download/1546c2788b17d5d0/#kmHpxegmAO1O1jDai2nC1A
  •  

Menion

I've just published new Beta version 3.38.0.1 so give it a try if you will have a free moment. It should solve some major problems reported on the help desk and here as well (except new reports today).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jonny.blue

It seems as if geocaching life map doesn't work in routeplaner anymore.
Normally I activate it in the map then switch to routeplaner and can see all the geocaches  along the road when creating a new route.
  •  

slarti76

2 problems with new version:

• I have some not-yet-updated LoMaps. In last version, Locus showed me notifications about available updates once, I swiped the notification away, gone forever. Now on every start it reminds me again. Those maps I don't want to update right now, but can't get rid of the notification (other than deleting the map, I suppose).
  • Activate Map Shading (relief), zoom out to an area where you don't have SRTM everywhere. I get lots of rendering errors, overlapping tiles, etc. Not everywhere, not all the time, so cannot give a recipe to reproduce, but clearly the map shading has a problem with the new map rendering. Zoom out and in once usually does the trick, but will happen again.
  •  

jonny.blue

Now on every start it reminds me again

Same to me ...
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: slarti76 on May 26, 2019, 15:51:30
2 problems with new version:

• I have some not-yet-updated LoMaps. In last version, Locus showed me notifications about available updates once, I swiped the notification away, gone forever. Now on every start it reminds me again. Those maps I don't want to update right now, but can't get rid of the notification (other than deleting the map, I suppose).
  • Activate Map Shading (relief), zoom out to an area where you don't have SRTM everywhere. I get lots of rendering errors, overlapping tiles, etc. Not everywhere, not all the time, so cannot give a recipe to reproduce, but clearly the map shading has a problem with the new map rendering. Zoom out and in once usually does the trick, but will happen again.

Me too
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@TrulloF
hmm, I was aware of this old system and tried to support it. But, unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any theme with this system, so please share it with me so I can test and fix it, thanks.

@jonny.blue
ah, same issue in track editor as well. Thanks, fixed

@locus.sv@heime.org
interesting issue. I'm quite sure that same issue happens in other apps as well.
From where is the theme you use? Anyway, I expect it will be a little complicated to solve. I have a similar issue in old V3 in case of shading on tiles that are without data.
edit: ah, got it
edit2: probably got it, the issue on Locus side, thanks

@slarti76
these updates are quite unfortunate. It should be checked once per 28 days, not more often :/. Isn't possible that one check was from Beta version and one from Pro version? Content of this notification center is shared between both versions.

And shading .. I'm playing with it and no problems. Does this happen to you with vector maps or also with raster maps?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Martin_

Thank you for the new version.
I noticed a small issue: Using mapsforge V4 offline maps (openandromaps + Elevate), the track preview images are not calculated correctly.
For comparison, I attached a screenshot with the correct preview image rendered by locus 3.37 and the wrong image rendered by locus 3.38 (re-rendered by long-press on the picture).
  •  

Čelda

Hallo !
I am too lazy to read all the logs here in detail  :o , however 3.38.0 stopped automatic map switching for offline maps even though "Auto-load maps of any type" remains on :-(
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Martin_ on May 26, 2019, 22:09:48
Thank you for the new version.
I noticed a small issue: Using mapsforge V4 offline maps (openandromaps + Elevate), the track preview images are not calculated correctly.
For comparison, I attached a screenshot with the correct preview image rendered by locus 3.37 and the wrong image rendered by locus 3.38 (re-rendered by long-press on the picture).

I noticed the same today.
Cheers
Michael
  •  

ksv

@menion
First, thanks for the app. It is a really great job :-)
My question concerns the resolution scaling. You see, I use Samsung A7 (2017) and have moderate myopia which works like a magnifying glass :-) So the default app resolution scaling behavior results for me in uncomfortable picture. When I change resolution with my fingers I notice that I see comfortable (for me) picture at 65% to 45% (as shown in app caption). But when I release the fingers the app changes the the scale level and the resolution  (to approximately 120%) and the picture becomes uncomfortable.
So what I am asking is - Is it possible to add the ability to "decrease resolution" in a sense of Settings->Maps->Advanced->Increase_Resolution?
I suppose it will help :-)
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on May 26, 2019, 21:52:17
@slarti76
these updates are quite unfortunate. It should be checked once per 28 days, not more often :/. Isn't possible that one check was from Beta version and one from Pro version? Content of this notification center is shared between both versions.
No, happens on both my phone with Pro & Free, and the one with onl Pro.
Btw, on my Moto G5 I also have a min. 5s delay at every start that others reported, too. Not on my S9.

Quote from: menion on May 26, 2019, 21:52:17And shading .. I'm playing with it and no problems. Does this happen to you with vector maps or also with raster maps?
I think I had it with a raster map. Can't reproduce it right now, either. Perhaps some caching problem that got solved with a restart, dunno. Will write again with more details if it happens again - for now forget it...
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: ksv on May 27, 2019, 02:19:58
@menion
First, thanks for the app. It is a really great job :-)
My question concerns the resolution scaling. You see, I use Samsung A7 (2017) and have moderate myopia which works like a magnifying glass :-) So the default app resolution scaling behavior results for me in uncomfortable picture. When I change resolution with my fingers I notice that I see comfortable (for me) picture at 65% to 45% (as shown in app caption). But when I release the fingers the app changes the the scale level and the resolution  (to approximately 120%) and the picture becomes uncomfortable.
So what I am asking is - Is it possible to add the ability to "decrease resolution" in a sense of Settings->Maps->Advanced->Increase_Resolution?
I suppose it will help :-)
Menion, I think, finally you'll have to admit that there are legitimate reasons for zoom levels < 100%?! ;) You should allow it everywhere at least down to 50%, better 25% I think...
  •  

scalpos

Hi Menion, long time Locus Maps user, thank you for this wonderful app !
I confirm the Zoom issue with SQL raster maps since latest 3.38.+ version, making views blurred and overzoomed.

As you can see Zoom level is set to 100%

And surprisingly, maps details show Zooms (tile levels) are 18 to 25, while when maps are downloaded, selected levels are 10 to 17.

Maps' source is IGN.
BTW zoom level is no more displayed when you click in Map Scale zone.
Same behavior with both beta and latest Pro version.
My device is a Huawei Mate 10 Pro, its resolution is 1080x2160.
As recently suggested, being able to set a zoom level <100% could be a quick fix.
Thank you again !
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
on my small GC walk this morning i noticed that map isn´t centered althought the center button is active, if the label of the target is visible on map while i am guiding on it. If i get clother to my target the map center move more and more out.
Behavior is with FREE 3.38.0.1 as well as with PRO 3.38.0

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •