[Theme] green nightways

Started by brotbuexe, March 29, 2012, 07:32:35

brotbuexe

If we could share our custom themes in here...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to use the themes:

1. Get vector map running.
2. put the themes in /sdcard/Locus/mapsVector/_themes/

Should be like:
/sdcard/Locus/mapsVector/_themes/Themename1/Themename1.xml
/sdcard/Locus/mapsVector/_themes/Themename2/Themename2.xml

3. Select the theme in Settings -> Map - advanced -> Theme of the maps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first and really simple green Nightmap. Use it on bicycle, don't need a lot of information, so only the ways in green.

[attachment=0:2s3xz4m0]greennightways.png[/attachment:2s3xz4m0]
[attachment=1:2s3xz4m0]greennightways.zip[/attachment:2s3xz4m0]
  •  

Menion

nice :) ... information to all: if will be interest, I'll gladly (same with custom screens themes) put your work into locus shop for others
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Starman

Nice! THX! Works well. One could almost use a button on Quick-switch for changing themes.
"I saw the angel in the marble, and carved until I set him free." -  Michelangelo
  •  

jurajs

@brotbuexe - nice job... but not working for me... I have copied it correctly. I have the choice in settings to switch it to greennightways, but the map remains the same as before.... cant find the reason why.

@menion - when talking about "Locus Shop" is this feature working already ? I get an error when trying to run "Locus Shop" like this :
"Unexpected problem! Please contact me with description of your problem"

let me check the logs ....

----------  Mar 30, 2012 4:33:49 PM  ----------
TAG:UtilsServer
MSG:sendPurchaseRequest()
TRACE:java.lang.NullPointerException
at menion.android.locus.core.g.i.a(L:452)
at menion.android.locus.core.g.i.a(L:295)
at menion.android.locus.core.g.i.a(L:257)
at menion.android.locus.core.billing.x.a(L:342)
at menion.android.gui.extension.x.doInBackground(L:1)
at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:264)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)
  •  

Menion

jurajs, I think that problem is simple ... you have to use new 0.3.0 version of vector maps. They're for download by Locus 2.2.0 or some are on MapsForge web page

thanks for error. I'll look at it now ... you've got last Locus version right?
  •  

jurajs

Quote from: "menion"jurajs, I think that problem is simple ... you have to use new 0.3.0 version of vector maps. They're for download by Locus 2.2.0 or some are on MapsForge web page

thanks for error. I'll look at it now ... you've got last Locus version right?

0.2 or 0.3 ... who can keep on trrrack with that ?! ;-) I'll try... thanks ;-)

and... Yes, I have the last vesion. thanks for your time.
  •  

Menion

you're welcome. Sorry for that, I didn't expected that there will be so huge interest in vector maps rendering themes. So I didn't created some ... as Tommi I think wrote in one topic ... at least different icon in list of vector maps for both types. I'll change this in next version
  •  

jurajs

well well... I have just tested it... works fine with v.0.3 maps. This is a killer feature with enormous potential when you think about all the possibilities ;-)
I have browsed the web a bit... but sadly i couldn't find any other themes except the default one. I guess it wil change over time ;-)
  •  

polaramike

Hi!

Killer feature - very, very nice!

Anyhow, sadly it does not work for me yet. It's the newest Locus pro version on a Galaxy Tab P7500 with 0.2 and 0.3 maps (from vector maps 4 locus). Tried the theme you posted above as well as a modified osmarender.xml - no way to get it running.It always uses the original one, no matter which theme I select.

Mike
  •  

Menion

as I wrote above "you have to use new 0.3.0 version of vector maps. They're for download by Locus 2.2.0 or some are on MapsForge web page" ... so maps from vectormaps4locus are version 0.2.4 so they will not work for theme changing ...
  •  

polaramike

Thanks - I thought vectormaps4locus would be 0.3.x, did not know they are 0.2.x. What do you mean by "they are for download with Locus 2.2.0"? Do you mean I shall download them with Locus itself (with the download feature in the maps menu)? Or?

Mike
  •  

pmoravec

Quote from: "polaramike"Thanks - I thought vectormaps4locus would be 0.3.x, did not know they are 0.2.x. What do you mean by "they are for download with Locus 2.2.0"? Do you mean I shall download them with Locus itself (with the download feature in the maps menu)? Or?

Mike
Hi, to make it clear - the people from Mapsforge did a complete rewrite of their library and version 0.3.0 it is not compatible with older maps from 0.2.4 version. Because Menion "sells" the vector maps (in fact, the money is used to pay for the Amazon? cloud where he offers the data for download), he adapted the old version of the library (0.2.4) to be included in Locus as well so that the people can use their already-downloaded maps (and don't complain about the "wasted" credit). But the old version of the library does not have the new cool features like the map skins.

So if you wish to use the render themes, you need the new map - either downloading it  in 2.2.0+ (but you pay for the credit in Locus shop to download vector maps), download the map from mapsforge developers (if they offer it),  or from some other source - e.g. some people in forums offered Germany maps. Or, you could always download OSM map file e.g. from GeoFabrik and convert the map by the current MapWriter plugin from Mapsforge yourself.
  •  

jurajs

Hi guys again...

Please forgive me for this noob post ;-)

I am trying to do my own render theme by myself. Should be just a bit different from original osmarender. But I am not successful yet. As my first try, I have simply copied this one http://mapsforge.googlecode.com/svn/tru ... render.xml, renamed it, and tried to use it without any changes. Definitely I am doing something wrong, because it doesn't work at all.

Can you guys give me a little start-up hint on this so i can proceed a bit further ?

EDIT :

I had to include all the patterns and symbols. also correct path to that files has to be replaced in xml file....
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "jurajs"I had to include all the patterns and symbols. also correct path to that files has to be replaced in xml file....
And now it works? This is exactly what needs to be done.
Actually I already prepared exacly this here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1749#p11037
Makes sense to read other topics in the forum, too.
  •  

jurajs

Quote from: "tommi62"Makes sense to read other topics in the forum, too.

be kind dude, i'm not that noob...  and stop trolling.  :evil:
  •