[APP] - version 2.12.X+

Started by Menion, May 26, 2013, 19:08:57

tommi

Hi Menion,
just as an update. Both jusc (per PM to me) and gynta confirmed the problem I reported regarding artifacts of vectormap screen).
  •  

Menion

sorry for a late response and thanks for bug-report. I was playing with it and was able to reproduce it twice after some experiments, but since then I'm unable to reproduce it. Weird ... there is probably some problem with refreshing old map. Because zooming has changed and locus now reuse old tiles and paint over them new data (to save some time by creating empty bitmaps), this have to be some incorrect order of operations, but ... :/

I'll try to experiments with it. Fortunately it's not so big problem for now, so I'm sure soon or later I find why this happen :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

@menion,
you are developing with Note 2?
Can you please test altitude measures while tracking. With all sensors on and switched on GPS altitude with GSM I don´t get any altitude, but for the first 3 points.  Maybe it´s because I use a Cyanogen Rom. tramp20 confirmed that he hasn´t this problem without any pressure sensor.
So I´m not sure if it is the ROM or the combination of pressure sensor and GPS/GSM altitude.

Thank you in advance
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

yes I use Note2. best device for developers :) (on second side worst, because everything is so fast on it :) ) ...

I'm recording everytime I go out, but not with pressure sensors (because of problem I wrote about). Next time I'll keep screen on and try what you write. Anyway what you mean by "I don´t get any altitude, but for the first 3 points"? This mean that only first three points has altitude and rest no? And "no" means really no altitude or same as previous three points? Also what settings you have in Altitude manager?

And it should not be a problem of CyanogenMode. I think this ROM is so well tested, that if there is any problem, it will be in Locus
  •  

jusc

Yes only the first points have the altitude. All other points don't have any. Not zero but "not available". You can see it in my last post of
https://c.getsatisfaction.com/locus/top ... ure_sensor
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "jusc"Yes only the first points have the altitude. All other points don't have any. Not zero but "not available". You can see it in my last post of
https://c.getsatisfaction.com/locus/top ... ure_sensor
Now I found a few minutes to test that. For me no problem, doesn't matter if screen on or off. Tested with the usual setting "use pressure sensor".

edit
Strange, dashboards don't work anymore:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/walh5tqz6hnq518/Gav1tKxaPB
This is only one example picture, also none of the other default dashboards is working anymore.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tommi"Strange, dashboards don't work anymore
hm, works here on last google play pro version 2.12.2

tommi

Tried Dashboards again after reboot and still doesn't work in Locus Pro 2.12.2. Locus Free doesn't provide this feature. So went back to test version Locus "Free" 2.12.04 and there it works!
@Menion: What should I do? Reset of App Data for Locus Pro App didn't help!
  •  

Menion

@tommi: hmm nice ... have no idea :)

may you share problematic dashboard file? It's stored in locus/data/dashboard. Maybe there is some problem with this file. I also had no problem during some testing with any of existing dashboards, weird ... btw. log! almost always help, maybe there is some errors on background (most probably)

@jusc: for my surprise, this happen to me also after around 700 recorded points. All altitude values then was not 0, but NaN, which mean some problem in computation. I did some debug messages into output and will try it today during some test bike ride ...
  •  

jusc

I see that altitude recording is working without problems if I disable the use of the pressure sensor.
Not tested at the moment is pressure sensor without GPS or GSM data.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

here depend on calibration type. You always use "Automatic" or is this happening also in other calibration types for you?
  •  

jusc

I use the last option and define the height by my own.
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"@tommi: hmm nice ... have no idea :)

may you share problematic dashboard file? It's stored in locus/data/dashboard. Maybe there is some problem with this file. I also had no problem during some testing with any of existing dashboards, weird ... btw. log! almost always help, maybe there is some errors on background (most probably)
Sent mail "dashboard issue".
I don't think the dashboard file is problematic as even the standard ones (joeloc's dream etc.) don't work.
On the other hand with the same Locus folder dashboards work with 2.12.0.4.

Thanks for taking care.
Tommi
  •  

Menion

@tommi: in logs is no error and your dashboard works for me without a problems. This is quite a mystery
@jusc: sorry, I wasn't fast enough to look closer on problem with sensor. It happen to me today again during a bike test, and logs do not show anything

both problems needs to be solved. Tomorrow I have one vegetarian action in Prague, so during a sunday, I'll for sure check it. Have a good night a don't forget to test new test version ;). I'm looking forward to your opinion on "data screen". Hope you'll not kill me ;) but I really don't like two similar screens in one app - item visibility & data screen
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"15.6.2013 - Locus 2.12.2.4 - test version
I cannot remember I've ever seen that: "Question: File with model of Geoid is missing. Download now?"
Is that something new? I see no relation to the described changes :o
  •