[APP] - version 2.11.X+

Started by Menion, April 28, 2013, 09:30:20

gynta

Quote from: "menion"...EDIT: btw. has anyone tried last parameter in configuration file? Just some test function ;) (need elevation files for map area you want to test)
SURE  :D

but it overwrites some infos...

Menion

I wanted to create screenshots but gynta was faster :). Hmm but missing info is really weird. Because it's just semitransparent shade that is drawn after all is already on place.

And tommi, needed altitude files are probably these you already have. HGT files in Locus/data/srtm directory
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

chrabros

Hi,
there is some little problem with geocache logging in version 2.11.0
Even though I have "Alway log offline" whenever I try to log a cache,
it offers me a menu where I can choose between logging online and offline.

Dalibor
  •  

Menion

Hello Dalibor, please update to 2.11.1, it's solved there
  •  

tommi

Regarding hillshading: I've learnt that it is typically drawn as light coming from top left corner. I've got the feeling in the area I had a look on that this is not the case, it seems to be more from somewhere in southern direction.

Menion, could you explain how it's done in Locus?
  •  

Menion

please take this really as an ... how to say, feature for fun now. Anyway it's fast and it's doing something, which is good start :)

direction is currently defined from south, east. It's best what I was able to create after some testing. Problem is again missing OpenGL rendering. From some angles, android has problems to draw semi-transparent triangles and draw instead of that only completely white triangles. So don't expect too much from it now. I was excited when it started to work, but this is huge limitation and I'm not sure, I will be able to create now nice looking hillshading ... we'll see
  •  

gynta

I noticed strange zooming of vectormaps in lower zoomlevels 0-8

# after changing the map - locus ignores this
# zoom in - tiles are not loaded
-> see clip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2tsuf5m33pin ... 2013_0.mp4

btw.
 autochange vector map is off

Henk van der Spek

Ok, now on 2.11.1. Sorry for not testing last weeks; too busy just using Locus and other stuff.  :D

1. Vector maps are definitely faster now (compared to 2.10.2).
2. Auto load vector maps does not work at all.
3. Quick map switch does not do proper sorting on distance; even with GPS OFF (via Locus) it shows an order based on my real position. Meaning if I search a place in another country, the cursor goes there but the "quick map switch screen" shows two maps off my present position on top of the list.
4. The sun position in the compass screen is about 37 deg off
5. When zooming in or out I have occasionally one or more white tiles. Can't find a pattern there. Usually some zooming or panning "wakes them up".
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

mambofive

Also on 2.11.1, vector map switch works fine for me.

But I also see white tiles on the map, also the quick map switch button stays in the upper left corner. I saw this mainly when "jumping around" on the map. After zooming in/out the white tiles disappear, also does the quick map switch button.

The speed of the vector maps is amazing fast for higher zoom levels!
  •  

Henk van der Spek

2. Auto load vector maps does not work at all. EDIT: IT WORKS SOMETIMES.
3. Quick map switch does not do proper sorting on distance. EDIT: IT DOES SOMETIMES.

I have the impression this has to do with me having a couple of older V2 maps mixed with V3 maps. Will test later.

EDIT
Ok, the problem is with the couple of V2 maps I still have. I will replace them by newer V3 maps.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

hi guys,
  gynta, thanks for reports. Main problems should be fixed now

mambo & henk: I do not saw white tiles on vector maps. Is this happening only on a raster maps? Have to check it

henk: older V2 maps may cause problems. They do not use styles, they're not optimized on multi-core rendering, they are generally not anymore supported and updated. Compare to V3 implementation in Locus, they're ... cannot find decent word :). And Quick switch maps ... also problem with vector maps or also a raster?? If only a vector maps, this should again be a problem of V2 system
  •  

mambofive

Quote from: "menion"mambo & henk: I do not saw white tiles on vector maps. Is this happening only on a raster maps? Have to check it

It happens with vector maps here. Mainly after jumping around across borders of vector maps. As henk writes, the white tiles disappear after zooming in/out.
[attachment=0:378dk9hd]uploadfromtaptalk1367721090723.jpg[/attachment:378dk9hd]

Gesendet von unterwegs mit Tapatalk 2.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "mambofive"
Quote from: "menion"mambo & henk: I do not saw white tiles on vector maps. Is this happening only on a raster maps? Have to check it

It happens with vector maps here. Mainly after jumping around across borders of vector maps. As henk writes, the white tiles disappear after zooming in/out.
Gesendet von unterwegs mit Tapatalk 2.
Similar problem here. Rendering of neighboured vector map seems to be somehow laggy. Zooming helps as well as moving around more. Sometimes 3/4 of the screen remains empty.
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
since the last versions track saving after stop recording has become very very slow, my first thought is always that Locus has a FC :-(
And the fill altitude is very slow too.

This all was much faster before.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •