Zoom and finger moving defect on v.2.5.0

Started by SeaFargo, June 29, 2012, 13:52:20

SeaFargo

Hello Menion.

First of all a little preliminary statement: when a new version is released, I appreciate a lot many of the new feature, even if I am not used to send greetings for that all the time. On the other hand, when I find some "defects", I am very punctual to report. That doesn't mean that I do not appreciate all the hour of your work, or I exact the solution. I like just to mention what I find it at least "strange", in order to let you know. That's it.

After that, I find some strange zoom and finger-moving map behavior.

I make a little list to try to be precise.

1. Moving map with finger has some defects (compared with previous releases). By the way, I use a single-core 1ghz CPU on a 480 x 854 pixels and I've ever had amazing performances with Locus. The defects is that: when moving the map with finger, after releasing the finger the map continue moving but not simultaneously: the screen divides vertically in two parts (1/3 on the left, and 2/3 on the right) and they moves at 2 different speed (one part in late), until the movement is finally finished. This is not professional-like, annoying after a while, and in any case Locus has never done it! It happen with any kind of raster maps (both RMaps SQL that TAR). The effect is more visible moving diagonally the map, but also clearly visible vertically and horizontally. I do not need or exact the maximum smoothness and fluidity, but the splitting in two part and one it's rendered in late until all it's full stopped is annoying, especially if I have to explore a map and move it often or continuously.

Tell me if I am explaining properly, or if you prefer I can record a video and send you by eMail.

2. The zooming feature that now supports automatic-lock zoom and go over and below 100% (so 50% and 200-800%) should really be excludable (seems there's no way now). It was very comfortable, before, to can safety zoom just and only inside the REAL resolution of the map, reaching in a fast way the maximum and the minimum real resolution avoiding to go over.. Now I always go under and over the real resolution.

In any case, the 50% zooming with TAR maps gives buggy results: always and continuous disappearing of part of the map. Moving in a way, some part disappear, other appear. And so on in any direction.

My suggestion, here, just for TAR maps (because they are non unlimited area like the on-line maps), is to create a button to fast switch between the current zoom and the smallest available zoom-ratio. ;-)

In any case thanks a lot for all the other improvement. Locus seems the most wonderful mapping software. Better then many avionics moving maps! I have some suggestion for the future (avio and car usage ;-) ..
Raf.
  •  

jusc

Yes, I can confirm first point with SGS2.
Quotethe screen divides vertically in two parts (1/3 on the left, and 2/3 on the right) and they moves at 2 different speed (one part in late), until the movement is finally finished.
Regards J.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "jusc"Yes, I can confirm first point with SGS2.
Quotethe screen divides vertically in two parts (1/3 on the left, and 2/3 on the right) and they moves at 2 different speed (one part in late), until the movement is finally finished.

I see the same behavior :-(
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

nIgel

Quote from: "SeaFargo"Hello Menion.

2. The zooming feature that now supports automatic-lock zoom and go over and below 100% (so 50% and 200-800%) should really be excludable (seems there's no way now). It was very comfortable, before, to can safety zoom just and only inside the REAL resolution of the map, reaching in a fast way the maximum and the minimum real resolution avoiding to go over.. Now I always go under and over the real resolution.

I wholeheartely disagree:
I need this new (improved) zooming feature. The way before it was annoying to allways have to do this extra click. I'm glad that this is not necessary anymore. But with an option somewhere to put it on or off You would most certainly make (almost) everybody happy.

nIgel
  •  

Menion

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2110#p13640

please check this. I hope that issue 1. is cause by CPU problem in last version that should be fixed in this testing version. Also SeaFargo, you don't have to explain some bug reports etc. I know that app is not perfect and I welcome every useful report and tip to make it better. So problem in step 2 - in settings is now new settings that allow to disable this "auto zoom-lock" feature.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

SeaFargo

I've installed the test version and everything seems works well for me :)
Raf.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"http://forum.locusmap.eu/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2110#p13640

please check this. I hope that issue 1. is cause by CPU problem in last version that should be fixed in this testing version.

All looks good. Thank for the fast debugging :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

perfect. I also found small issue with disable zoom button when you disable this "auto zoom-lock" but this is also fixed now.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •