[APP] - version 1.10.x

Started by Menion, August 20, 2011, 15:48:34

Menion

22.8.2011 - Locus 1.10.1
  • release on Android market - Free & Pro

20.8.2011 - Locus 1.10.0
  • release on Android market - Free & Pro

One surprise for you (owners of Pro version) - testing version of addon - Vector Maps
- this addon allow you to download prepared vector maps from web server. Almost all (mainly correct icon is missing) is ready to market release, but I would like to test it a little. This addon will be payed for probably 1€ for a limited time ... cca half or whole year, I'll see. Main purpose is to cover cost of web server that have to be payed. Anyway this addon is now for free to you, so enjoy ;). I'll remove support for this free version later so download as much as you can ;) and let me know how this works for you and if you feel comfortable with actual downloading system.

EDIT:
1. don't forget to test "Voice navigation"! - info about voices here
2. let me know if download speed is fine for you (should be little bit slower but hope it's enough) and also how you like beta of voice navig!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion

Never mind :) Go to maps/vector maps/+, seems great. Let's see how it works.

How do I start Vector Maps Addon? I downloaded it, it shows in settings/applications. BUT it is not visible in the "startable" applications.
And I cannot find a way to start it from Locus Pro 1.10.
???
  •  

wvb

Hi menion,
Thanks for letting us play with it :)
I already had Belgium installed and Locus saw it needed an update, this worked fine.
I downloaded Netherlands which is a bigger map and that also went fine, this map is missing a big square of mapdata (it's all white) so not really useable..
Don't know where the problem lies..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion

I downloaded Finland twice, on both time the download stopped at about 320Mb, the map size is 520Mb? Some big lakes are missing and also detailed zoom of my neighbourhood. I used WLAN connection. After both DLs, the button changed to "Update".
After that I tried Canary Islands, that went fine and the button said "Ready"
  •  

Blackdawn

Hi Menion,

This Vector map addon is very nice, but...
I have little problem with Finland map. I have downloaded it completely, but southern part of Finland is missing when I zoom closer than 4km.
I tried to update it, but no effect - still missing. Missing part is south of coordinates N61°00.943' whole width of Finland.
Also few big lakes are missing or they have missing data. Like especially "Päijänne" - N62°08.329' E25°46.130' - there you can see island "Säynätsalo" that have also missing data.
You can see streets, busstops and markets, but no shoreline. Looks like also smaller islands are missing too.
Is there anything you can do for that?
  •  

Menion

I don't know what should be problem with these map. There was some discuss about map generating viewtopic.php?f=26&t=821&start=40 . Missing blue areas is problem in MapsForge library and I have to wait till they fix it. Supermaz anyway did there something that his map do not have these areas, but I don't know what he changed ...

EDIT: you're correct, I just tested downloading of Finland, and it stopped without unknown reason. That's why this is only beta :) thanks I'll look at it tomorrow
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "Blackdawn"Also few big lakes are missing or they have missing data. Like especially "Päijänne" - N62°08.329' E25°46.130' - there you can see island "Säynätsalo" that have also missing data.
You can see streets, busstops and markets, but no shoreline. Looks like also smaller islands are missing too.

There are known problems with coastlines. If you report the problem here:
//http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issues/detail?id=117&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Owner%20Summary%20Modified
maybe the priority to fix it will get bumped up a bit.
  •  

wvb

I tried british-isle and it started out fine, then my screen went off and when I turned my screen back on after a while the download had stopped at around 20MB's.
I closed the download dialog and the map was present in the maps list on the phone which was a bit confusing since the download didn't complete
I deleted the map and started the download again but this time kept the screen on and it completed fine

suggestions:
- if possible add a pause/resume option
  that way if a download stopped a user can press pause and then resume and it will continue
- rename the extension until the download is complete
  if a download isn't completed it will not be shown in Locus

small remark on Field Notes, I really like the newly implemented features but the Settings - Geocaching - Field Notes - Pre-fill format is still a message field which doesn't accept newlines
I hope you can change this to also support newlines and hope it's not too much work :)
thanks in advance!
  •  

stebu

I also tried to downlod Netherlands vector map, twice. Both attempts stopped at 320Mb, the actual size is 350Mb.
Is there somekind of size restriction?
  •  

Menion

should not be of course .. I have to check, because i don't get any error message in application or on server. So don't download huge maps till I release some new version. Or you may try of course but success is not waranted
  •  

MHUser

Hi all,

first of all, the Usual! Great App, love it!

I tried to play around with the vector feature, also before this Addon was released. For some reasons I cannot see any Highway Numbers on the Maps when displaying them (which in general works nicely!). You know: Like "Route 66" or "Interstate 1".
Is this a Setting I have not found in Locus? Or do the Maps not contain this info?

thanks.
  •  

MHUser

I just found that this issue is actually discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=811

Sees like a mapsforge Issue / missing feature...
  •  

Menion

fine, donwloading issue finally discovered. It was timeout on connection on server. Should be now increased from 15 minutes to 60, so you may try. Should be enough ..
  •  

adnus

Hi menion,

thanks for the great app, works fine.

A few minutes ago, I did the update from 1.9.x to 1.10.2. First thing I realized, moving the maps by fingers is now a little bit lagging. Not an important thing, but the old 1.9.x version feels better in this way.

I think is the wrong topic here, sorry.
  •  

Ted Quinlan

The download addon is a great idea. It works just fine and the speed is good as well. I just convinced a friend of mine to finally buy the pro version of Locus... :)

Sent from my Defy
  •