Locus looses GPS signal when turning off display

Started by welberger, August 15, 2011, 10:07:27

Menion

ah OK, I just wanted to be sure that you don't use this auto-off feature

and sorry, I don't know any workaround. Mainly because I still don't know why this happen. There should not be any problems with memory, also one buy already recorded for me some logs and nothing. Damn ... anyway as I wrote, next week I'll ask you, or globally here on forum for some tests. This problem have to be solved because seems to be serious and really enyoing
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"aren't you using GPS auto-off feature?

anyway you're not only one with some autopausing unwanted feature.

I had this problem yesterday too the first time: I heard 2-3 times the beep from "get GPS fix successfully ".

GPS auto-off unchecked of course and it was on a track I regularly use.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Tusor

I did another test today with the option for automatic stopping while not moving set to off. Unfortunately there are 300m of my track missing. But I regonised another weird thing which might be helpful (or not) for bug detection: I started the tracking in Locus and just hit the Power button to turn off the screen without going back to my home screen. When I checked again after several kilometers I was on a homescreen after switching on the phone screen. Changing to Locus it seemed that it was loaded again (the status bar from the beginning appeared). The weird thing though: The track was recorded up to the point where I was standing (with the above mentioned 300m gap several hundred meters before). And the rest of my tour was tracked as it should be.
Another thing I want to add here: Could you add a feature that I can set a track coloring which is applied to a newly saved track? Maybe you could just use the coloring I can choose for the track while it is recorded.
  •  

Tusor

The last two days I kept on testing. Yesterday I tried logging the track with MyTracks through Locus. This was stopped, too. So I played around with the setting during the tour and then found an option that seemed to work. So I went out today and tried again. Guess what: I was able to log my full track without any interruptions.  :) The option causing the problem on my phone is "Enable Periodic updates". I had to switch it off for the logging to work. Unfortunately now I miss the live map feature of the geocache pluging.
  •  

Menion

hmm interesting. Today will be release of new version. There is probably one main problem in Locus now - discussed here https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... m_this_map . It have influence on some unwanted auto-pausing during tracks record and more. So if next version will work correctly, I think it should fix also this issue. If not, I'll for sure look at it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tusor

Hi menion,
thanks for your new update. But I am afraid to tell you, that it does not solve the problem mentioned here. Today I tried to use Locus for navigating me to the start of my hiking tour. Meanwhile I wanted to log the way I was driving with the car. For testing purposes I enabled the option "Enable Periodic Updates". But I forgot to set the phone screen to allways on. So the phone switched the screen of while I was on the motorway. After reactivating it, the phone had stopped logging and tha navigation function of Locus had stopped as well. Not very satisfying.
Finally I reached the start of the hiking tour, switched the option off again and was able to track 3h of hiking without any interruption. So there must be another bug. Shall I transfer this description to getsatisfaction?
Best regards,
Tusor
  •