Some suggestions for caching

Started by Torre, August 08, 2011, 21:00:54

Torre

Hi,

thanks for this app. I tried some others, this is (nearly) all I want ;)  Here some suggestions to improve user expirience while caching.

Adding Waypoints:
I added caches with G4L as POI. I select a multi-cache and use the guide-function. When I want to add a wayoint i have to do several steps: open dialog by clicking on the guide-symbol on the top-left, use there the icon button-left (informations about the cache), click on waypoints, click on add, click on edit, ok two times, select the waypoint, close, press back..  An other posible is adding a "solo-point" with the + action. But this is not connected to the cache-details (view listning or hints...).
Now the suggestion: Add a function i/we can add as an action in the bars. This action just opens a minimized "add waypoint dialog" with a precalced name (like WPT04) and the coordinates-fields (fill in like in the coordinates-dialog). After hit ok, the waypoint will be added to the currently "active" cache and display is automatic on.

Open POI List:
I replaced the 'data' action in the top bar against the 'POI List'. When I have only one category, a dialog appears to select the one category ;)  If there is only one, can you skip this dialog?

Listing:
When I come back from the card to the listing of a cache, the scroll-position is on top. Maybe it is possible to remember the last position? For long listings this would be nice ;)

Bests greetings,
Torre
  •  

Menion

Adding waypoints
 ... ufff ... done ... I understand and agree that whole process is little bit ... long

so new version - [attachment=0:8uu704ot]device-2011-08-09-104208.png[/attachment:8uu704ot] - long-click on geocache icon, possible ;) - much faster

Open POI List
this is not possible because this list serve also for quick enable/disable of whole category

Listing
I know, this is unpleasant. I'll look at it, but cannot promise ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Torre

Hi!

Wow, you are very fast..... Tanks a lot. I allready loaded the test version. Here some comments:

Adding waypoints:
I think it´s good so, saving a lot of clicks. I think the star is good..

POI List:
Oh year, i see it and learned ;)

Listing:
I don´t now the code, but i think the trouble will be that every cache has an other length in this window.. Maybe just saving the cache/poi-code and the position of the last opend cache. When opening an other, just start at top. Most times I done one cache, then the next..

Very happy, greetings, Torre
  •  

Menion

listing done ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •