Main Menu

3D-pseudo3d

Started by lagoausente, July 21, 2011, 15:36:59

lagoausente

Hello, I have been trying Locus Free for a while, and have bought Locus Pro on the market. Very nice app really, and very nice that use SQlite format directly compatible with Mobac, but I only miss someting... 3D view. Im´using also Oruxmaps, another nice app that have added 3D (with some bugs) in the last version. It decrease the tilt, the Oruxmaps works decently as 3D, not very tilt but not as flat as the Locus. Have you plans to implement it?
  Thanks very much.
  •  

lagoausente

Is dificult to implement a pseudo-3d view like in Oruxmaps? Just a little tilt seems to help. I´´m  comparing the two apps and the Locus has more features, but the pseudo-3d option on Orux helps to discern mountains, even is not a real 3d view, is gives some perspective. No comment?
  •  

Menion

so one part is done ... everything is almost working perfectly except one main problem ...

I'm solving it now here, so until I find solution, or until I learn how to create it with OpenGL support, this functionality will not be in Locus
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lagoausente

Fine you are working on it. Orux also has a problem aswell (dont know if is the same) wich I solve decreasing the tilt. Maybe both could help each other on this.
  •  

Menion

look like problem in android 2D API, so solution should be rewrote this part to support hardware OpenGL. But I plan this on next year together with some 3D maps :) ... so pseudo 3D will probably have to wait ... we'll see
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jurajs

+1 here

I was thinking about this feature a long time ago when I was using locus as a car navigation ;-)
  •