[APP] - version 1.9.x

Started by Menion, July 05, 2011, 16:49:10

Menion

new version for test ... nice weekend to all ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

I really meant to reply earlier because I really appreciate all the time you put in this app but had a really busy schedule :(

I wanted to say I really like the icon feature that lets us know a button has more functions.
I liked the star icon but I like the one you chose now even more as it fits the general scheme of Locus.
I need to make so time to test the navigation, hope to do so next week.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

krzysiekz

I spotted few annoying things:
1. gps turn off when entering settings (so it need to catch new fix after exiting menu)
2. gps turned off by default when starting app.
3. sometimes backlighs is off when set to "always when gps on", doesn't matter if i got fix or searching for sats.
  •  

dibrial

Menion,

Although the navigation feature works, I still found some issues (using vectormaps):
1. The green line is really invisible when driving.
2. Sometimes the line is not visible at all and you have to switch off navigation to be able to see where to go.
3. After navigating for about 30-60 min. the app closes with error.[attachment=0:1tvho6mb]errors-1313584632836.err.zip[/attachment:1tvho6mb]

PS. Could you allow the uploading of .err files on the forum? :)
  •  

Menion

Thanks ...

dibrial: probably all solved. I changed color of track to purple, so now it should be well visible. And error log upload allowed ;)
  •  

dibrial

The c:geo guys have implemented offline OSM vector maps also lately. The map build-up seems to be a lot smoother than the one in Locus. They use the mapsforge 0.2.4 lib. Is this the same one as Locus or is Locus still using the 0.2.3 lib?
  •  

Menion

it's same but I in Locus use little bit different technique how to display maps. Is this difference (in speed) really so big?
  •  

dibrial

To me it looks smoother and faster. It's best to try yourself. It automatically finds the offline vector maps from Locus.
  •  

Menion

I tried, and seems very similar for me. Maybe it depend on CPU power ...
  •