[APP] - version 1.9.x

Started by Menion, July 05, 2011, 16:49:10

beonun

Before I make the off line world map by MOBAC,
I have not noticed I could not drag the map right and left on the International Date Line (E180.00 or W180.00)
(I also mean I can not drag the map across the Date Line)

Sometimes I can find the map to be fixed just on the Date Line.
So I can not browse the map around the Date Line.
Please check it up.

PS> I really want  Korea vector map  to be added, ASAP.
  •  

dibrial

In the map downloader the letters for download progress aren't visible (black on black) with minor progress in the download.
Also when the screen goes black after a screen time-out, the download list returns at the end of the list.
  •  

Hyperplane

Quote from: "Hyperplane"Remarks on the new vector map download feature:

- I downloaded Switzerland but all zoom levels appear white and blank.

The initial geographical position for this country wasn't set correctly. I had to zoom out to level 14 (300km distance) to locate the map.
  •  

mmcyklo

It seems that Gramin .img vector maps will be available to use in Locus???

Menion, if yes than you will be really the best Android map SW developer!!!

Thy for reply!
  •  

Menion

don't know .. it depend if exist any way how to convert garmin files to PBF or OSM map format ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

mmcyklo

Quote from: "menion"don't know .. it depend if exist any way how to convert garmin files to PBF or OSM map format ...

Does anybody have got any idea how to? :?:  :?:  :?:
  •  

rijackson741

I agree with dibrial about the gray on black letters on the download bar. The contrast is not enough to be bale to read such small letters. Once a map has downloaded "Ready" would also be more readable in a slightly darker shade of green.

I downloaded Nevada and China as tests. Nevada went OK, but I had problems with China. The China map is large enough that I left it downloading and went to bed. In the morning the download had timed out, and I didn't have the map. I started it again, and again left the phone. When I came back the download had timed out again. Strangely though, when I exited the vector maps screen ad came back in it said "download successful", but there was no China map and the button didn't say "Ready". The third time I was successful, but I happened to look at the phone right at the point the download was finishing. Perhaps if the screen is off it's interfering with the download in some way? I'll try some other large maps later to see if I can reproduce this.

I don't like the new way of adding buttons to the right panel. when I first started Locus free all my right panel buttons had been wiped out, so I had none. Now to add them back I can only do one at a time, which is a multi-step process: Main menu, functions, add new button, select the button. You have to repeat that for every button, which is a PITA  :(
  •  

rijackson741

Another observation. In personal maps if you touch a map name you get a pop-up menu with several options. In Vector maps there is no such menu, not even the option to delete a map.
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "rijackson741"I don't like the new way of adding buttons to the right panel. when I first started Locus free all my right panel buttons had been wiped out, so I had none. Now to add them back I can only do one at a time, which is a multi-step process: Main menu, functions, add new button, select the button. You have to repeat that for every button, which is a PITA  :(

I had that issue too, but I figuered out, that you can place the button "add new button" to right or even top panel. Just try it out ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Ted Quinlan

Vector maps is a great feature and works fine for me... Thanks for this. When will it be integrated into pro version?

Sent from my Defy
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "berkley"I had that issue too, but I figuered out, that you can place the button "add new button" to right or even top panel. Just try it out ;)

Yes, thanks for the tip. That would make it easier. But I still prefer the single screen, where I can select all the buttons I want, deselect the ones I don't, and I'm done.

And I think most users will not figure that out, and will not find your tip. So for them the old screen surely would be better.
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "rijackson741"I'll try some other large maps later to see if I can reproduce this.

Well, I can't reproduce it. I deleted the China map and downloaded it again. No problem. So then I downloaded the California map, which is even bigger, with no problems. Just a bad internet day maybe :?
  •  

rijackson741

Some more observations:

1) If you choose to download a map that is larger than the available space on the SD card you do not get a warning (I knew it was too big before I tried; I just wanted to see what it would do  :D ). I missed the error message when it failed, because it was not on the screen for long enough (I had to wake the screen up to see what had happened), but something like "not enough space". Apart from being somewhat annoying for the user, downloading several hundred Mb and then failing also wastes server bandwidth.

2) I expect you are aware of this, but in vector maps the warning icon in the top panel brings up the same warnings as for personal maps. Many of these do not make sense for vector maps (such as not downloading high zooms for the whole area).
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "rijackson741"
Quote from: "berkley"I had that issue too, but I figuered out, that you can place the button "add new button" to right or even top panel. Just try it out ;)

Yes, thanks for the tip. That would make it easier. But I still prefer the single screen, where I can select all the buttons I want, deselect the ones I don't, and I'm done.

And I think most users will not figure that out, and will not find your tip. So for them the old screen surely would be better.

I know... ;)

Talk to Menion  :mrgreen:
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

mmcyklo

Quote from: "mmcyklo"
Quote from: "menion"don't know .. it depend if exist any way how to convert garmin files to PBF or OSM map format ...

Does anybody have got any idea how to? :?:  :?:  :?:

Any idea how to use Garmin vector .img maps?

Thx
  •