[DEV] - (DEPRECATED) Locus Data API (BETA)

Started by Menion, July 01, 2011, 00:54:41

staeff

of course:

With "Function", i ment what appears in the function-menu of Locus and what can be put into the right icon bar.

This should offer the possibilities to add a species, the spotted count of them, and the date.
I think just collection points won't be enough. It would be better, if it can be an own type of point, like the parking-place. (The additional information can be handled in the addon).

It is very common for bird-spotters watch and cound tens of thousends of birds,(of different species), during their migration.
So, what they need is a menu for a specific place, where they can add and count birds.
At some time, they like to transfer their counts into a internet-database and share it with other ornitologists for scientific analysis.
  •  

Menion

Ok I think we should try this. Ability to add custom function to function list and also to right menu should be possible I think. I'll call this function with coordinates and you'll store all info in your addon after user fill some data and confirm. Then you'll have to send locus data to display on map. You can simply use API that is already working together with some icons. Hmm .. as I think about it, I think it's really possible. If you're really interested in this (and think carefully about it :) ) ... I think I should add some support for intent-filter that will add function to the function list and you should then start with some developing ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

staeff

Cool. I'm very interested to create a prototype for this idea.
  •  

Menion

fine, so testing version is here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1013

you need this version and last version of this API (version 7). There is also a sample application, so you may try it. Now you can add you application to quick right menu and call it directly together with current map center and GPS location (if GPS is enabled). Best is to store all data in your own application and display only points in Locus thanks to API. Also every point can have "call back" so user can directly call back your application from point. All functionality for developers that Locus offer is now in this API. I'm looking forward to some request and comments
  •  

staeff

Thank you for the fast update.

I've loaded the newest release of your api, took a look at the changes of the manifest and the sample activity and run it (even installed it).
I can see the app in the sub-menu of every point and in the Location List. However it doesn't appear in my function-list.

On main-screen-> menu-key -> (there is no app) add new button -> (there is no app)

Am I looking in the wrong place?
  •  

Menion

I think you look on correct place ... menu > function > and below all functions is 'LocusAddonPublic...', same with list of "Add new button" ... try it once more :) (searching)
  •  

staeff

The last update did it. (or it was just a plain restart)
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hi Menion,

In which version is implemented Locus Data API VERSION 8?
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Menion

Hi Arcao, last market version already use this API
  •  

Martin2

Hi Menion

I'd like to implement an addon for routing service of http://www.freemap.sk/. Currently I can do it so that first user selects the first point on the map, opens it with (sends it to) my routing addon that stores the point, shows the instructions to select another point and then goes bask to Locus. After choosing destination point the addon asks user for route type (car, hiking, cycle, walk) then gets the GPX from http://www.freemap.sk/ and tells Locus to import it. User can also add multiple stops. My questions:

• Would it be difficult to add an API to provide additional routing service directly to Locus?
  • Is there a way to import the gpx as temporary one without any intermediate dialog and to show it instantly?

Thanks in advance
  •  

Menion

hello Martin,
  implementing routing ability to API seems like good idea. I'll try to think about it. First problem I see is the ability to define more then start and end point. About second point, check first post of this topic and let me know if it work or not ...
  •  

Martin2

Hi Menion

I've tried LocusUtils.importFileLocus(LocusAddonPublicLibSampleActivity.this, tempFile, false), but it still prompts the import dialog.
  •  

Menion

hehe, I was already started test your previous post message with error :). Seems that one problem solved ... ok, I'll look at it
  •  

Menion

Martin, please try this test version viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1404&p=8598#p8598
  •  

Martin2

Quote from: "menion"hehe, I was already started test your previous post message with error :). Seems that one problem solved ... ok, I'll look at it

Yes, this was my fault :-).

Quote from: "menion"Martin, please try this test version viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1404&p=8598#p8598

It works with this version. Thanks.

Is it possible to "overwrite" previous route with a new one? Maybe by some unique route ID. Because after every computed route a new one is displayed. Maybe an additional intent parameter could specify it ;-). And also if there were extra parameters to specify route description, type, visual properties, etc... ;-)

BTW is it possible to save a route from Locus once it is a temporary one? I found no way to do it so far.

Another feature I'd like to have is that my addon would ask Locus to pick a point for it (Intent with result?). Could this be added too? :-)

Thanks in advance.

PS: later I'd like to add more and more features to my addon to support more of the freemap.sk functionality. For example image gallery, wikipedia placemarks, ... Not sure if alll will be possible to do by using just addon API ;-).
  •